Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different versions of RH3 for Kronos 88
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Different versions of RH3 for Kronos 88 Reply with quote

Today I've received my second Kronos. First thing I noticed is the keybed which feels different from my first Kronos. Also, there's even a different sticker on C8 which says "RH3 keybed from Japan" whereas my first Kronos just said "RH3".

Long story short, my first Kronos had serial number between 300-400 and a guy bought it from me on mid September. You all know how hard was to get a Kronos 88 those days (it's hard even now). Anyways, I tested everything on that Kronos (got it mid August) and everything worked perfect: keybed and the dial (I took much care after reading the posts about that). Even, now I'm sure that Kronos is still working perfectly (the guy hasn't call me Laughing )

But I feel differences between both. I feel the dial is more robust (or maybe I'm not that afraid as with the first Kronos) and the keybed feels better. I don't clearly remember the feel of the first Kronos, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same. This time, it was harder to take away the first two spacers on the keybed (lower notes)

Some lower notes make a little click when released: G2, A2, B2, A4 but until now, I haven't any cutoff notes problem. For every note, when I release them by totally taking away the finger, there will be a very little double bounce at the very top of the key's trajectory: this double bounce happens at the very end, when the key is vertically aligned with the rest of the keys. The double bounce is pretty small, less than 2 mm I'd say and I'm aware of it because I've been testing this Kronos and checking how the keybed works. You know, I'm somewhat nervous after reading the posts here Confused

This new Kronos is on the 11xx series so I think it would be interesting to adjust the thread:
Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty

So we can also now which RH3 version do you have. I'm pretty sure there are different stickers (I hope there are also different versions) because I have the photos of my previous Kronos 88

I'll post on corresponding threads a few days later in order for me to test this Kronos for more time.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observation.. so the other ones must have been made or assembled in China, Malaysia or ?? Regrdless of where it was made, if your lower notes click, then it sounds like you now have the same problem reported by Robbinhood?

From what I have read it looks like the keybed has 3 problems. Clicking problem, notes being cutoff and some kind of damper software problem.
macroenie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds interesting and promising. Still haven´t heard anything when my Kronos 88 will be available but following the forum made me sort of afraid of the build quality Confused

So I will follow closely if other new owners will report the same "Made in Japan" sticker.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers
Jeroen
panrixx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My K88 is in the mid 600s and says "RH3 Keybed from Japan". Although I've tried to find any sort of problem with it I just can't - seems to be 100% fine.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K73 RH3 Made in Japan. Sn in late 800's .
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kronos serial number is 00308 and had the sticker RH3. Got a call from the Finnish importer. They asked Korg Sweden about the cut off notes, and got no specific answer. It seems like an isolated problem in Scandinavia.

Anyway, got a high recommendation to send it to repair, because the Finnish guy is supposed to be the best in his field. If nothing else works, he will exchange the whole keybed. I'd be interested to know, if I got this "Japan RH3" version instead Very Happy
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I picked my Kronos up, my dealer said that the OS 1.5 update will sort out the glitches. I hadn't mentioned glitches to him. He just came out with it.
This is a big Korg dealership, so what I am saying is.........

Maybe, just maybe .'The OS update will sort out the glitches.'

Let's give them a chance at least.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K88 s/n 540.

RH3 made in Japan.

No problems.
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
When I picked my Kronos up, my dealer said that the OS 1.5 update will sort out the glitches. I hadn't mentioned glitches to him. He just came out with it.
This is a big Korg dealership, so what I am saying is.........

Maybe, just maybe .'The OS update will sort out the glitches.'

Let's give them a chance at least.

Of course they deserve a fighting chance! That's very good news, if it turns out to be correct Smile
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
K88 s/n 540.

RH3 made in Japan.

No problems.

Forget my serial number, in the 400's...

"RH3" sticker.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it'll be just a new sticker as the problem is probably software based and rumours of keybeds being built in Italy, Russia, Tripoli, the moon, has probably pi##ed them off .

Just a thought Rolling Eyes
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this photo of the "RH3" sticker.

Check this photo of the "RH3 keybed from Japan" sticker.

BTW until now, I haven't experienced any problem with any of both keybeds, no matter with those little clicks on the new Kronos, but I'll keep testing and when ready, I'll post back to the thread with the issues.

I'll post back the new sticker later...

All of the guys who have reported on the thread with the issue, please remember to update your posts and tell us what's on the sticker. Arrow

Kronos 88 and RH3 keyboard faulty

Last edited by MarPabl on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that they just have two batches of different stickers and the keybed is the same, that makes to most sense IMO. Question

MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
Forget my serial number, in the 400's...
"RH3" sticker.

And works ok? Question
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Think it'll be just a new sticker as the problem is probably software based and rumours of keybeds being built in Italy, Russia, Tripoli, the moon, has probably pi##ed them off .

Just a thought Rolling Eyes

I'm not that confident this is a software problem. If this was the case, then every Kronos out there would suffer for this... Yes, you can adjust the software to reduce the issue, but this is certainly something related with hardware... Better for Korg if this can solved just with software... otherwise, then a recall may be needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: