Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's hear your latest stuff....right here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9155
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased you checked out the songs and noted favorites. My in-laws also called them out as favorites.

"Chill" or downtempo, as a genre had a brief run in the late 90's. I borrowed the term to keep identification simple.

I like movie soundtracks and possibly what I record has a resemblance.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jones
Full Member


Joined: 01 May 2014
Posts: 153
Location: Northern Maine .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I am pleased you checked out the songs and noted favorites. My in-laws also called them out as favorites.

"Chill" or downtempo, as a genre had a brief run in the late 90's. I borrowed the term to keep identification simple.

I like movie soundtracks and possibly what I record has a resemblance.


Theme seems to be clouds lately,
dreamer in the clouds stands out, especially the last minute.
It could be split off into a diffrent tune altogether.
Some of the percussion seems a bit aggressive compared to where the music goes. I'm thinking Indus by dead can dance, very chill drum.
_________________
if they start to push your buttons...
stop sewing them on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9155
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jones wrote:
GregC wrote:
I am pleased you checked out the songs and noted favorites. My in-laws also called them out as favorites.

"Chill" or downtempo, as a genre had a brief run in the late 90's. I borrowed the term to keep identification simple.

I like movie soundtracks and possibly what I record has a resemblance.


Theme seems to be clouds lately,
dreamer in the clouds stands out, especially the last minute.
It could be split off into a diffrent tune altogether.

Some of the percussion seems a bit aggressive compared to where the music goes. I'm thinking Indus by dead can dance, very chill drum.


I like your analysis, and can explain my choices/thinking.

At 5:41 the 2 chord progression begins, increasing intensity, with piano and guitar making an appearance. Going on thru 7:10.

After 7:10, I could have continued that section and done a fade out.

I had a picture of floating in the clouds, then descending and being
in thunder/lightning. And I wanted a strong finish.

Thus the amped up Karma drum part at 7:11. Plus ominous distorted guitar and a synth. Completing the sensation of powerful thunder/lightning. Ending at 7:49.

For many of my songs, I prefer a strong ending. Dreamer in the Clouds has that.

That Karma drum part at 7:10 wasn't exactly new to the song. It made an appearance during 2:42-3:15.

When I decide on part repetition, I often embellish ithe return, giving the song a different twist.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9155
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somedays it appears the world is at the end of its rope.

Lets give it a last chance !

https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994

Last Chance Road is my latest original.

Its song #1 in my Soundcloud profile.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KorganizR



Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here it goes, my first contribution in this thread.

Following song was created on the Korg Kronos, with the exception of the flügelhorn, which comes from my trusty M1.
Over the years I've recorded 40+ original songs (on M1, Reason and Kronos), and I'm gradually publishing some of them on YouTube.

Probably most of the published songs will be combined with a drawing of my own making, like in this case:
Song: "Act of Kindness" - https://youtu.be/xfu68-iL4u0

Hope you enjoy it, and if you want to, let me know what you think of it.

Kind regards,
Lucas (KorganizR)
_________________
Kronos 61, Korg M1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KorganizR



Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an original song, called "Gentle Times".
A mainstream jazzpop tune with a funky twist towards the end.
100% Kronos.

https://youtu.be/o7nAx7REH7k

Hope you enjoy!
_________________
Kronos 61, Korg M1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Liviou2004
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2017
Posts: 1020
Location: Lorrez-Le-Bocage - France

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorganizR wrote:
Here's an original song, called "Gentle Times".
A mainstream jazzpop tune with a funky twist towards the end.
100% Kronos.

https://youtu.be/o7nAx7REH7k

Hope you enjoy!


Very good piece !
Did you use only Kronos sounds and Sequencer ?
_________________
Kronos 2 73, Yamaha Montage 7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Moog Grandmother, Behringer Neutron, Studiologic Sledge 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KorganizR



Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Very good piece !
Did you use only Kronos sounds and Sequencer ?


Thanks Liviou!

I do use the Kronos sequencer for recording sketches of new ideas.
But when I want to flesh out my music, I tend to prefer a piano roll editor. I use Reaper DAW on a Windows PC for this.
I use only a MIDI USB connection between Kronos and PC (no audio USB or interface).
I use one Kronos sequencer slot per song (which holds no MIDI events, just the program slots, overall mix and FX, just like in a combi).
I use the Kronos itself to finally bounce to WAV while playing the song from Reaper.

I do believe that the Kronos sequencer is very powerful (especially with things like FX switching and automation), but for me a piano roll style view is a must.

The sounds are indeed 100% Kronos only.
_________________
Kronos 61, Korg M1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Liviou2004
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2017
Posts: 1020
Location: Lorrez-Le-Bocage - France

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer.
_________________
Kronos 2 73, Yamaha Montage 7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Moog Grandmother, Behringer Neutron, Studiologic Sledge 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9155
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Waiting Game

https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994

We are always waiting for something !

Groove along and chill to my original sound track as we all wait for you name it !
Song #1 in my Profile.

100% Kronos.
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bpoodoo
Full Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2019
Posts: 124
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
The Waiting Game

Fun song! Reminds me of the clocks, timers, and countdowns on BUZZR TV gameshows, the tension and excitement of the countdown, getting the right answer just before the buzzer. But is Monty Hall being good or evil today when he offers to trade your current prize for what's behind Curtain #3?
_________________
bpoodoo
Triton Extreme 88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GregC
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 9155
Location: Discovery Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
GregC wrote:
The Waiting Game

Fun song! Reminds me of the clocks, timers, and countdowns on BUZZR TV gameshows, the tension and excitement of the countdown, getting the right answer just before the buzzer. But is Monty Hall being good or evil today when he offers to trade your current prize for what's behind Curtain #3?


Thank you ! You have a good ear. I was thinking tension for sure, based on current events.

I must have channeled Monty Hall. Or I sub consciously played the Jeopardy Game jingle in my 8 bar intro Wink
_________________
Kronos 88. MODX8
Achieve your musical dreams Smile
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sam CA
Platinum Member


Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 3858
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a very very .....very long time since I've posted anything on this thread. Here is my rendition of a Russian piece. 'The Lark' was originally written by Glinka, a Russian composer born in 1804. Later on, Mili Balakirew paraphrased a number of Glinka's works through Piano solo pieces... . I played it on Kronos, but the Steinway piano is 'The Signature Grand' piano by Simple Sam Samples.

SoundCloud:




......

YouTube: (It's the same audio recording)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5EUWjMQLLY
_________________
Sam



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bpoodoo
Full Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2019
Posts: 124
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
It's been a very very .....very long time since I've posted anything on this thread. Here is my rendition of a Russian piece. 'The Lark' was originally written by Glinka, a Russian composer born in 1804. Later on, Mili Balakirew paraphrased a number of Glinka's works through Piano solo pieces... . I played it on Kronos, but the Steinway piano is 'The Signature Grand' piano by Simple Sam Samples.


Nice performance. Simple, pretty melody and chords at first, and then a few minutes into the piece, it really takes off (along with the lark?). Music can personify moods and actions so vividly, given a capable composer and skilled performer.
_________________
bpoodoo
Triton Extreme 88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam CA
Platinum Member


Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 3858
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:


Nice performance. Simple, pretty melody and chords at first, and then a few minutes into the piece, it really takes off (along with the lark?). Music can personify moods and actions so vividly, given a capable composer and skilled performer.


Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, Balakirev is an amazing composer/arranger. He can do wonderful things with a very small motif and turn a folk song into a masterpiece. It goes to show you don't really need many melodies to create a good work.
_________________
Sam



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group