Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin King - Dreamscape - November 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Pumpkin King - Dreamscape - November 2011 Reply with quote

So I did most of this the other day on Garageband and decided to finish it up this past afternoon. Weird how quickly I can come up with and finish material. Though usually it takes a bit before I find a sound and concept that I really like.

This is called Dreamscape. Very atmospheric and dreamlike in terms of the sound and feel. I used the Galaxy Vintage D for the piano sound, and had it transposed an octave higher to give it a really awesome sound.

Here is the performance on youtube that I recommend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSrfBK2wak

Here is the soundcloud link: http://soundcloud.com/pumpkin-king/dreamscape
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me one of your more interesting and ambient sounds and its dreamy I agree and I love it ....Just could sit and remember and think and dream and hope All kinds of things

Would have liked to see a tad more growth in dynamics for a moment however or an unusual softer solo on the piano perhaps ..; not complex even just a single line of melody perhaps..

Just guessin' here its fine as it is..

I enjoyed it a lot!!!!

Regards John (ellll) Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for listening John. Smile

Yeah, I was pretty happy with how this turned out. I agree though, with adding more dynamics and such on the piano towards the end of the song. When I play this solo here on my piano, I do that actually. I'll just kinda do my thing and improvise along with the chord structure...and conclude the song similarly with how I did on the actual song. ..I actually was thinking of recording another video of myself playing this song solo on my piano. So, maybe that will happen within a few days.

I do wish I could sing though. I think that would be a great compliment for this song, then I wouldn't have to worry about adding more melodies and dynamics on the piano. But I don't have a very good voice, haha. And it's tough to sing and play a the same time.
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I did upload an acoustic piano performance of this. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hC0K8XrDU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: