Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks & goodbye & hello again!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks & goodbye & hello again! Reply with quote

Hi everyone

For a variety of reasons I've decided to leave KF.

Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped me out when I needed a pointer or five! You've all been very kind and a great support and it has been a pleasure knowing you.

I am keen to get back to my music and not get distracted by the noise that happens here. Being distracted of course is my fault, not KF's.

Finally thanks to Sharp and the mods for creating and managing a fine resource that I hope will continue to serve its community well.

With very best wishes to all

cello

Last edited by cello on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, sorry to see you go. Thanks for YOUR help! Wink Planning to come back, ever?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry that you go ... I loved your presense and useful remarks here.

(you can always just look when you yourself wants to and reacts to messages if/when it suits you).

I hope to hear from you again and wish you lots of fun making music.

Greetings, Michel

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cello, you've shared some valuable info here for all of us. And not to mention sharing some of your excellent compositions. You are one of the bright stars around here in my book and I'm going to miss your posts. I sincerely hope that in the future it will work out that you will once again be a valuable contributor.

The best to you for your compositions and everything else in life. Smile Smile Smile
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear that another valuable "Oasyan" is leaving the forum.

I wish you all the best for your music and your future. Maybe you step in from time to time, would be great.

best regards
SoulBe
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about this, Cello. You will be missed!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cello.
Your reasons for going are of great concern to me and after investigating some things, I’m very unhappy with what’s being uncovered.

Please wait……

See your PM and lets see where this goes. You’re a very valued member of this community and I don’t want to see you leave for reason which are very suspicious.

Regards
Sharp
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I'm watching IT unfold. Hold the phone, Cello!
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike... a very interesting discussion going on. This is like a plot from one of your movies with all the good "spy stuff". Thank you so much again for your help. BTW, I will honor my commitment not to solicit you for real estate sales. Laughing Smile

p.s. Cello, you could wait a little longer to make any final decision! Smile
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before posting my farewell I looked at Cello's last posts to find out the reasons, but did not see this conversation. Nasty things do happen in life (just like here on KF, at times), but the right attitude is not to walk away - you'd not do that in real life, would you?

Rather, let's insist on things getting cleared up and put dishonest members (of whatever society, real life or cyberspace) to the place they belong to. I'd rather not see you go Cello, a highly valuable member of this community, if you ask me...
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cello, i second everyone else, even though me and you clashed once in a
while it was still on a respectable level on both sides, just stay a lil longer.
as they say ,,A honest dissagreement is a sign of progress''
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not good news, Cello. I would miss your music the most, if you decide to leave. Your music is a joy to listen to. I hope you will reconsider; afterall, that is really, or should be, the reason we are all here. It's to further our music and it's development, right? The rest is just idle chatter. Or at the very least, not as important. Wink

nitecrawler

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cello,
I hope you reconsider. We all know the vagaries of the various online groups. There is no way to be rid of borderline idiots who engage in personal attacks just to feed their gigantic (though dysfunctional) egos. I used to get caught up in the ridiculous mudslinging. Now, I see them and I just ignore those threads. After all, 1000 years from now, this won't matter. They'll be gone and so will I. We also know of the few members who have been the target of nonsense, yet they endure to continue to provide meaningful and helpful advice. A few prominent members come to mind.

So, as you can see, you have a crowd of friends here. Those are the people you need to focus on.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are absolutely great. Thank you so much for taking the time to make such kind comments - all of which are warmly appreciated.

I've had time to reflect and think - as well as observe developments in another thread that was a contributory factor to my decision to leave (not the only one, but was certainly a factor).

It has to be said that Sharp dealt with the situation with consummate skill - leading directly to the exposure of, well, let's just say 'the reality'. He defended the premise of member integrity amazingly well.

So with the 'problem element' largely removed (for the time being - I do think there shall be a return), great support from Sharp, the kinds words posted by you above (not to mention others who PM'd or emailed me), I know deep down, I'd miss you and I'd miss here Crying or Very sad

Also as said above, I'm not really the type of person who walks away from issues and also I do realise life's too short to get het-up about it to the extent I did.

So, here I am... back again Cool

Here's looking forward to continuing to work together to keep this forum as the best of its kind - and to continue to enjoy incredible creativity enabled by Korg's incredible music making marvels. Very Happy

Yeh, I'll drink to that Laughing
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that you're going to stay with us Cello. Your departure would have left a big hole here on the forums.

I'm glad that changes have been made that enabled you to consider coming back and I'm confident that we can keep this forum a place that people want to visit.

If anyone in the future has reason to leave the forums then please do let us know and we will do our best to resolve any problems that we can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: