Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

- FEATURE REQUESTS -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chicle777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: - FEATURE REQUESTS - Reply with quote

- When in keyboard mode, be able to hear the metronome when recording a 4/1 loop or any other time signature to a key. And be able to choose to record all instruments playing or just the keyboard sound.
- Metronome volume control added to the global section.
korakios

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes again.... Rolling Eyes
tonidude

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: - FEATURE REQUESTS - Reply with quote

Chicle777 wrote:
- When in keyboard mode, be able to hear the metronome when recording a 4/1 loop or any other time signature to a key. And be able to choose to record all instruments playing or just the keyboard sound.
- Metronome volume control added to the global section.

- Real, actual looping capabilities. Loop groups (e.g. drum loops) which hold automatically, quantise to bar measures (i.e. always start on beat 1) and mute when you choose another loop from the group.
- Option to record loops of fixed bar lengths that automatically loop
- BPM detection (if not in microsampler, at least in the frickin' librarian software!!)

I.e. what Ableton live does.
mojofunk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: - FEATURE REQUESTS - Reply with quote

tonidude wrote:
- Real, actual looping capabilities. Loop groups (e.g. drum loops) which hold automatically, quantise to bar measures (i.e. always start on beat 1) and mute when you choose another loop from the group.
- Option to record loops of fixed bar lengths that automatically loop
- BPM detection (if not in microsampler, at least in the frickin' librarian software!!)

I.e. what Ableton live does.

I concur. That.
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a step sequencer using the keys and corresponding red lights as steps
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be great if you could record midi without being constrained to the length of a bar, like you hit record and as soon as you take your finger off no matter how long or if it is in between a bar it will begin to loop automatically, this similar to how a sequential sixtrak and multitrak works (i believe)
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitch glide/portamento on keyboard mode
tonidude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanghaitang wrote:
pitch glide/portamento on keyboard mode

I have to disagree. You have plenty of good keyboards and synthesizers, including sample-based keyboards. I think people are too hung up on the keyboard aspect, microsampler is a sampler and that's also what I think it should do best.

Sample-based keyboards are dime a dozen, and fancier ones have portamento, better pitch-shifting (without time-shifting) etc. What Korg and all other device manufacturers are really missing is a better, more fun-to-use and especially more easier and intuitive to use sampler. And that's what the microsampler is trying hard to be.
NickWills

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-in keygate mode, being able to sample simultaneously to atleast 2 keys, if not more. 1 is very limiting if you want to assign two consecutive bits of a sample to different keys

-attack on the sample! you've got decay and release, why not attack? would be very useful

-a mute mode, so instead of having to hold down 'mute' whenever you want to mute a sample. for example, when the mute button is illuminated, any key you touch will mute/unmute

-a waveform on the screen when editing start/end points would be nice

-pitch/mod wheels would be nice in a microsampler v2

-make samples velocity sensitive by default, really annoying having to edit each time
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for attack and the looping methods mentioned

i think effect presets would be pretty easy to implement and really nice

pitch and mod wheels also for a future release
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a hypothetical wishlist & there have been a multitude of similar posts, especially at the launch of the product. Korg have never updated the OS & look unlikely to release another MicroSampler type of product the near future. This, as someone else said a while back, is a dead product now.

I have enjoyed my MicroSampler but anyone with an iPad can probably now find a more satisfactory sampler functionality wise. The main asset the Microsampler is the sound quality which eats the iPad for breakfast & some of its capabilities are fun in use. Many aspects of the design are great, but the flaws are set in stone.

I can accept & work around the shortcomings but I haven't enjoyed my experience of being a Korg user as much as I had hoped due to the feeling of being ignored once they have my money. Having said that they are a weird company as the recent Monotribe v2 update was superb. Maybe that was a different department! One never quite knows what to expect from them as when I chide myself for losing faith something else occurs - The Kronos fiasco is a perfect example of how not to handle teething issues with a premium professional product. If they can't get that launch right I really don't see them bothering with finishing off an old product properly....
NickWills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna hold onto mine despite the limitations.

Never know, in 15 years they could be in hot demand as a vintage sampler!
shanghaitang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does everyone know that this is a "dead product" not sure how one would infer that
dal_prod_pgh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that its a dead product as far is firmware updates go, but I always viewed the microsampler as a product to temporarily fill a gap in the market. I bought 2 of them when the price was lowered - 1 for studio 1 for gigging w/ footpedals - primarily because the workflow is great for one shots and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: