Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My NAMM Kronos wish list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: My NAMM Kronos wish list Reply with quote

I have at the moment ruled it out this is true, but it is not out of the race in the future so with this in mind:

I would like to see it once again at NAMM with the following,
1 obviously a rock solid Keybed all sizes
2 the ability to just order it with the max possible ram
3 a much larger ssd.
4 and a real dream would be eliminate #1 and give me a module instead that would be able to use a controller keybeds fullest abilities wether it be velocity, after touch, release etc...
5 a larger touch screen or the ability to run it on a larger external screen
6 this is a dream but I like it, make the Kronos a soft synth, let me load it as a stand alone software or vsti etc...

Well I hope this isn't out of line seems like any of it would be possible but may e it isn't I am just learning you know!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not one of those things is going to happen Shocked
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Muji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My NAMM Kronos wish list Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

eliminate #1 and give me a module instead that would be able to use a controller keybeds fullest abilities wether it be velocity, after touch, release etc...

+1!!! Very Happy

Korg Microkorg
StudioLogic VMK-176+ Keyboard Controller
Ketron SD2 Sound Module
Alesis SR-16
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF consider it an exercise in dreaming for Christmas. Just have fun with it there's enough negative crap in that other thread! Let's have some fun!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
RonF consider it an exercise in dreaming for Christmas. Just have fun with it there's enough negative crap in that other thread! Let's have some fun!

Oh no worries....dream away. No objection here. Just being the voice of reason....in case anyone should care to come down from those happy clouds Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha I am off for 5 days. Going to do some recording and build a closet or two. I will spend all the time I can in the happy cloud! Merry Christmas!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Merry Christmas!

Back at ya, bro.... Smile
popmann

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#6 fixes all of your above...tell you what--they make those...they're called software synths. Larger screen...large a drive as you want...more ram than you know what to do with...use any controller you like...and sounds better to boot.

I might ask why you bought a Kronos in the first place. I HAVE the set up you want-and THEN bought a Kronos. It's relatively cheap to build. Don't pollute musical instruments with PC paradigm desires--you just get you some nice software and let's leave the improvements to the Kronos being soundest related--enabling user disk streaming, Giga compatibility, auto sample functions to "clone" other boards like the Neko has, etc.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my eye on something similar that won't use up my Mac resources and it's in a rack. But I'm just thinking about the Kronos for the moment.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7. Availability of the Legendary Strings library.
8. Availability of the Austrian Piano library.
9. Preview of a new sequencer(not that i care, but for people sequencing with the K, it would be cool).
10. Announcement of an upcoming killer Guitar/Bass library.
11. New Mono/Poly Exi engine.
12. New Wavestation Sysex import function using both Program and Combi mode to be 100% compatible with the 8-way Perf. Mode of the WS(that i would like very much).

Blink
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I have my eye on something similar that won't use up my Mac resources and it's in a rack. But I'm just thinking about the Kronos for the moment.

You want software. Get software. Things like reactor, or frankly any pro audio pc like ADK will go in a rack.

I'm saying if Korg implemented those thing rather than others, I would never have bought. I have that.

With the rack punt pc, you can even boot it up and just remote desktop in from your Mac. Or a MacMini with an SSD, if for some reason, you want another Mac. Counters are networkable...this the systems scalable and upgrade able to do whatever you want to with them.

Do you own a Kronos, or just thinking out loud what it would take to get you to buy one?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so serious, just trying to have a bit of fun.
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Carry on.
polop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i like to dream too but the companies currently make just the minimum, if you open the kronos, inside you have a vga connector for screen but it's not exploited, the update ram 2 giga to 4 giga it's not korg who did that, it's the users who discovered that Wink , I think that many good ideas will not come out.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids got us up at 8am. I made a quick diversion on the way to the lounge and turned on my K ! Just in case I get the chance !

The Tech knowledge you guys have amazes me, but........
I wouldn't change a thing to be honest and will probably not bother with the editor. I like it all together in one tidy box. A time stop device would be cool, so I can spend more time on my K.

Merry Christmas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: