Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(((Please – Cast your vote )))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you experienced a problem where your Trinity will shut down the right output for no apparent reason.
I have a Trinity with HDR, and I have experienced this problem.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I have a Trinity with HDR and I have never experienced this problem.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I have a Trinity with PBS and I have experienced this problem.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have a Trinity with PBS and I have never experienced this problem.
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
I have a Trinity with PBS and HDR and I have experienced this problem.
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
I have a Trinity with PBS and HDR and I have never experienced this problem.
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi carleton,
I'm no electronic tech. but your second theory might be true. If it was only hardware-related, i don't see how a "Enter+5" on power-up would solve a hardware-only problem. If it is, i sincerely hope they implement that on cars!!!

Hi Timo,
I didn't know that "Enter+0" on power-up solved that problem? I might try that some day. But, i'm wondering if that function erases the samples in FlashRom in the PBS option. I know that this function "flashes" something but don't remember what!!

Blink
carleton

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Outputs Reply with quote

Just going of the top of my head but...

Could it be that if a board or connector has a poor connection when you switch on the board you get the output problem. If you then shake/thump/curse the board it is now seated correctly but the Trinity needs a re-boot to recognise that the connection is now good and the outputs work properly. Sounds a bit wooly but it could explain what we are seeing.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blink, ENTER+0 during boot-up resets of all of the internal volatile memory, including all PCG data. However any samples stored in the PBS-TRI are retained (ie. not erased) - I've just checked this myself to make sure. The operating system is fully retained too, so no worries regards that.

...So before anyone tries a system-reset, just remember to save all your PCG data onto floppy or otherwise beforehand, so that you can upload it back up again afterwards, and you'll be OK.

Blink, on reading people's experiences, I think that there are two probs - one of which is a 'physical' hardware-connector type problem, and the other which can be simply 'cured' by doing a system-reset. (The latter being the one that I've personally experienced twice). Regards the hardware-issue, others often 'cure' the problem by re-soldering, cleaning, or man-handling the 1/4" output connectors (which may have worked loose, or similar) on the PCB (printed circuit-board), or otherwise.

The 'cure-by-system-reset' problem boggles the mind, though...

Timo Smile
Bonkwell
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang Smile

Well I love my Trinity but this Right Output problem is a pain, thankfully there is a cure Idea .

1: find a sheet of white A4 paper and put it long ways up (portrait mode) and mark it out vertically in four equal parts (this can be done by folding in the middle then folding again.)

2: at the top of the page starting on the left in the first section with a red marker pen write a "K"... in the next section an "O" with a blue marker....in section 3 an "R" in green ....and in the last section a "G" in yellow.

3: now take a black marker pen and under the K write "ORG" down the page.....under the O put "N".....under the R write "IGHT"
and under the G write "ONE".

4: cutup the sections and rearrange in this order... start with the K then G, O, and finally the R, now tape these strips together in that order.

5: set the Trinity up on a stand and with a compass position the Trinity so that the Touch Screen is facing east.

6: roll up the A4 paper with the letters facing outwards to make a long tube....hold in left hand with the letters on the top.

7: set alight to the top of the tube and when it has burnt down to the last letter blow it out....while it is still smoldering waft it back and to under the Trinity and repeat the words "Oh mighty Trinity heal thy self" until there is no more smoke.

8: if your Wife/Girlfriend hasn't kicked you out or had you sectioned Anxious , Bootup the Trin and have a listen with headphones....all should be OK...........if not swear at the Trin in Japanese Twisted Evil and give it a good kick under disk drive..........that usually works.

Good luck

Trev. Smile
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO! Good one.

Tom
Bonkwell
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang Smile

well after thinking it was my old Headphone Plug and Socket problem reoccuring again, it turns out to be the Plug and Socket Sharp had trouble with (see link)
http://www.irishacts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4559&highlight=trinity+outputs

I cleaned it and put Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the pins ( I did this on the Headphone connectors over 2 years ago and not had a problem with them since).

I'm out Gigging so this will be a good test to see if this trick works again.

I'll let you know

Best

Trev Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: