Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending MIDI notes to Kaossilator Pro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sekizbitli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nonisja!!! It was really helpful, i can control my kaoss with mpk mini now =D
Jrose152

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain how to do this to someone who just bought their Kpro and microkorg a couple days ago? I'm not sure what settings to do on the Kpro or the MicroKorg. I have no idea how to get this to work. I'm a complete noob to this stuff.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: new for sure I need help!! Reply with quote

new for sure I need help!!
well i am new to midi...
I need help... can the kopro plus be controlled direct with a m-audio keystation 88 key??
or do I have to have a pc to run the software??

It would be cool to run this state of the art unit with a keyboard direct!!
I also have a 47 key maudio keystation...

I was thinking this could replace a sound canvas unit for some cool sounds??
or am i wrong on this thought???

love the loops on the proplus unit!!
Paul in Iowa IGNUSA
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KPro does not respond to midi note on events. It uses CC's. You will need some sort of midi event processor to translate CC to note messages. Someone wrote an app for it and you can check it out at the start of this thread.
NIKOshiroiKaze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Midi Keyboard to Kaossilator Pro Reply with quote

I've downloaded the app, so far it has yet to recognize any midi port besides ports A/B and Bus1 on both the midi in and out. The app responds to the mid notes on the keyboard, but with nowhere to send the data...it has yet to detect my Kaossilator Pro... Any Ideas?
NIKOshiroiKaze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Midi Keyboard to Kaossilator Pro Reply with quote

I didn't see the 4.0 version...now installed, it runs...but still doesn't detect my KP. The selections in the list are: Bus 1, Automap Midi, Automap Logic mixer, Automap Propellerheads, Realtime Sequencer and Java sound synthesizer. All useless to me. KPNotes responds to midi from the keyboard on Bus 1, but that's as far as it gets. Everything is enabled, The Kaossilator Pro Editor receives and transmits data to/from computer, it shows in the Audio/Midi setup, but not in the app...OS is up to date, Java is up to date, permission granted and all that...I'd really like to use my keyboard with the KPro. If anyone has any idea what else I can try, let me know please!
bogwet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey....quick note,make sure you have the kaoss working in the editor,specially if your not seeing kpro in the drop down in the app
leeseibert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Bome's Midi Translator Reply with quote

I was able to send notes to the Kaossilator Pro also. Instead I used Bome's Midi Translator Classic.

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/overview/classic

I made a video demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXfvYY03RU[/url]
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's my demo padKontrol triggers Kaossilator Pro notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4djNe6S4dw

I'll be posting a deeper demo with links to the files and how to do it. Just follow my thread on the subject:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99014
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
ammanuel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this great app available for iOS?

Thank you
Marcelolavandeira

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Profit not send notes from a MIDI controller via cable direc Reply with quote

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum.
I'm trying to connect a keyboard (Synthesizer yamaha CS1X) using a standard MIDI cable (MIDI DIN connectors) and I can not do it. The manual says nothing and the little existing information is very confusing. I have a Pro kaosscilator and something that seems so simple is extremely complicated. The question is can you do this? And send a query to Korg but no answer.
FranciscoArellano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I midi synchronized emx1 with kopro+, being the master clock the emx1.

Then I realized I was controlling the notes of the kopro+ with the keyboard of the EMX1...

After I turned them off, I tried to do this again and nothing happened. I've been reading many forums and the manuals but nothing... I also tried to change many parameters on both machines and nothing...

Help please!!
rammstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FranciscoArellano wrote:

Then I realized I was controlling the notes of the kopro+ with the keyboard of the EMX1...

After I turned them off, I tried to do this again and nothing happened. I've been reading many forums and the manuals but nothing... I also tried to change many parameters on both machines and nothing...

Help please!!

check p.21-22 of the manual: Applying the MIDI message filter.
here you can set your kopro+ to receive only clock message. you would need to turn everything else off (prog, cc, note, sysex).
FranciscoArellano

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rammstein wrote:
FranciscoArellano wrote:

Help please!!

check p.21-22 of the manual: Applying the MIDI message filter.
here you can set your kopro+ to receive only clock message. you would need to turn everything else off (prog, cc, note, sysex).

Hi dude, thanks for your answer.
But what I want to do is, appart of receiving clock messages, is to control the notes of the kopro+ with the emx1 keyboard... I made it once but I don't know what I did because I only set the clock in that opportunity.

In that case which setting should I change in order to do it?

Thanks for your time pal.

Sorry for my english.
rammstein

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... as far as i know, the kopro+ does not generally recognize note on/off messages, only cc messages. you can find more details about it on p.23 of the manual (Messages that can be transmitted/received outside of External Control Mode). cc12 and cc13 respond to the x-axis and y-axis respectively.

i remember watching a video where pc software was used to convert note messages to cc messages to control the kopro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: