Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to build a PC for home recording....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Looking to build a PC for home recording.... Reply with quote

I've built about 15 PC's in the last few years, mostly for friends. Some of them were for running ACAD, Solidworks...Rhino, etc....with the emphasis on graphics.

I used to get all my stuff from TigerDirect and then I got a phone call from a salesperson at their parent company GlobalPC...so I get corporate pricing now...... Smile

So I'm thinking of making a U3 or U4 rack mount PC just for music.

With a budget of no more than $800 for "the box"....where should I spend the money?

16 GB of RAM? or a SSD HD.....any suggestions for a reasonably priced sound card?

At a later date I want to get a 19" touch screen as they're coming down in price....

Thanks in advance,

Sean
M3, Radias R, Kurzweil PC3LE, EMU Proteus 1000, EMU Proteus 2000 (three of 'em) EMU Proteus 2500, , Alesis QS6, Alesis QS7.1 (2 of them, 'cause I use them as midi controllers and I prefer their keyboard action), MPK 61, love the buttons / sliders etc but not liking the action. Wavestation A/D. Core i7 PC, 32 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Presonus Studio One 2 Pro, VST's Pianoteq, Alchemy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: