Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie struggling with pattern transfer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Newbie struggling with pattern transfer Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm brand new to Microsampler & will be using for playback of a few backing parts in live sets.

Loading of samples to & from the PC editor went well & all my new samples are now playable in bank A as expected. (On the first 5 white keys)

BUT I also created a midi pattern in my DAW, saved as midi file & then imported to the editor (As pattern 1) & then transferred to the MS as part of the bank.

I can see the pattern is sort of there in the MS because it plays the 45 bar length before looping but sadly it is not triggering anything.

Can anyone think of anything I have missed or may have done incorrectly?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: I have now programmed some patterns direct to the MS to make sure the seq was working (it is). Also I exported the midi file from the editor & this opens in a daw still with all the correct notes.
I can't for the life of me figure out why the pattern is not playing the samples.
korakios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could check if you are on the correct midi channel...also play the pattern on the MS and record it live in your DAW to make sure if the midi notes (and channel) are the same...
Grim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is driving me mad....I am logged in but when I try to post it asked me to log in again & then forwards me to a blank message page again....no idea if this will post now or whether It'll ask me to log in again!

But thanks for the response....will check the channel/note data by recording it as you suggest.
JuanSinNombre

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

Like korakios said: check BOTH midi channels. ie: i use mine as KBDCH 2 & GRLCH 10 (so sample matches Reason drum CH, -just one example-)

In other way, editting MIDI data from the sequencer its a challenge for me too! I've used Reason & FL Studio to edit the mS .mid files, but encountered a few things that makes it harder than it should be.

Due to my gear setup (if i can call it a setup Razz), y need KBD notes sent through CH 2, & DRUMS notes over CH 10.
Reason loads the .mid file without problems & splitting midi CHs.. yay! Very Happy
but when you export it as .mid, all CHs goes to n°1.
Not sure if Ableton Live has the same issue, but i did remember FL Studio shows a lil' window (when you're importing/exporting MIDI data) for you to select wich CHs you want active or not.
No longer using FL Studio (r.i.p... we had great times!), but i seem to remember that its the only one who worked for me to re-edit some .mid file.

Hope it helps & we could keep posting tips about the mS use!
cheers Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: