Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg USB sees NanoKontrol2 but Editor does not
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaynyc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Korg USB sees NanoKontrol2 but Editor does not Reply with quote

How is this possible?

What is the best resolution so that I can use the Editor? Ableton Live does not see the nanoKontrol2 either.

Only the USB-MIDI software "sees" my nanoKontrol2.

thanks

-jay
floodgear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have this problem to! Somebody?
jaynyc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Support responded to me with the solution!

http://www.gerenm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/EQ0708_TechBench.pdf

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_techinfo.php?page=content/support/en_support_faq_10entryd
offset

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had the same problems with my nanopad 2 on my Win 7 64 bit system. The problem seems to be with the 64 bit operating system. But I did the following and it worked. It also worked on my friends pc with the same problem. You have make the USB MIDI driver think you are installing it on a Vista operating system. Follow the step procedure below.

Step 1: Uninstall the drivers from Device Manager.

a. Click Start and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes), and then press Enter.

b. Find the device and double click to expand it

c. Right click on the device and select Uninstall.

d. Click on the start button and type "regedit.exe" (without quotes), and then press Enter. Find the the KORG registry string (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KORG) right click and delete KORG folder.

e. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and install in compatibility mode.

a. Right click on the setup file (setup.exe for the drivers) and select Properties.

b. Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program in compatibility mode for.

c. Select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). Click Apply and OK.

d. Now right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator and follow the normal installation procedure. Check to see if you can use the program now.

Step 3: Now install the Korg Kontrol Editor

a. Once installed, go to the preferences and now you should be able to assign the Korg Nanopad 2 MIDI in and out ports.

offset
blottoed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you offset! I've been looking for a solution for some time, worked for Kaossilator Pro and my awesome new nanoPAD2! This should be a sticky
SarahB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: still looking for a solution Reply with quote

offset wrote:
I too had the same problems with my nanopad 2 on my Win 7 64 bit system. The problem seems to be with the 64 bit operating system. But I did the following and it worked. It also worked on my friends pc with the same problem. You have make the USB MIDI driver think you are installing it on a Vista operating system. Follow the step procedure below.

d. Click on the start button and type "regedit.exe" (without quotes), and then press Enter. Find the the KORG registry string (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KORG) right click and delete KORG folder.

e. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and install in compatibility mode.

a. Right click on the setup file (setup.exe for the drivers) and select Properties.

b. Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program in compatibility mode for.

d. Now right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator and follow the normal installation procedure. Check to see if you can use the program now.

a. Once installed, go to the preferences and now you should be able to assign the Korg Nanopad 2 MIDI in and out ports.

offset

Hi there, I have the same problem (Win7 64Bit) and the above solution didn't work for me (I also tried running the installers in WinXP+SP3 compatibility mode, but that didn't work either).

My Nanopads work perfectly fine in 64Bit apps but are not seen in 32Bit apps like Kontrol Editor (making it impossible to program).

I've have the Drive Config set to 'Both' (but have also tried '32Bit' and '64Bit' which made no difference), and it sees both Nanopads in the Device List. (Checking the driver installation shows only 64Bit drivers have been installed.)

The Korg Uninstaller shows the Nanopad2 is on 'midi0:', and the Nanopad1 is on 'midi6:' - so no problems there.

Kontrol Editor doesn't see any Korg devices connected. Selecting either Nanopad or Nanopad2 gets the communication error 'Failed to open the MIDI port'

I filled in the support form on the Korg site and got an email saying they would get back to me,... they didn't Sad

still looking for a solution
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: still looking for a solution Reply with quote

SarahB wrote:
offset wrote:

e. Restart the computer.

offset

Hi there, I have the same problem (Win7 64Bit) and the above solution didn't work for me (I also tried running the installers in WinXP+SP3 compatibility mode, but that didn't work either).

My Nanopads work perfectly fine in 64Bit apps but are not seen in 32Bit apps like Kontrol Editor (making it impossible to program).

I've have the Drive Config set to 'Both' (but have also tried '32Bit' and '64Bit' which made no difference), and it sees both Nanopads in the Device List. (Checking the driver installation shows only 64Bit drivers have been installed.)

The Korg Uninstaller shows the Nanopad2 is on 'midi0:', and the Nanopad1 is on 'midi6:' - so no problems there.

Kontrol Editor doesn't see any Korg devices connected. Selecting either Nanopad or Nanopad2 gets the communication error 'Failed to open the MIDI port'

I filled in the support form on the Korg site and got an email saying they would get back to me,... they didn't Sad

still looking for a solution

Hello Sarah,

Did you go into the KONTROL Editor yet and configure your MIDI ports? Try selecting your nanoKONTROL2 and then go into your KONTROL Editor "Edit" menu and select "Preferences". Check the box for "Set MIDI ports manually". What options do you see in the drop down menu for MIDI IN and MIDI OUT?

facebookTwitterYouTube
Q Banga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: How to set up your NanoKontrol, Pad, etc... Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I figured it out!!! Here's the link: http://youtu.be/NMvjHwAhFHw Very Happy Very Happy
tomorrowsman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: So No Korg Support Reply with quote

So I am finding this issue all over the internet, and now the negative reviews are piling up on Amazon -- is Korg just ignoring the fact that the nanoKONTROL2 should come with a warning that it is incompatible with Winows 7 x64 and/or Ableton Live?
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: So No Korg Support Reply with quote

tomorrowsman wrote:
So I am finding this issue all over the internet, and now the negative reviews are piling up on Amazon -- is Korg just ignoring the fact that the nanoKONTROL2 should come with a warning that it is incompatible with Winows 7 x64 and/or Ableton Live?

It's 100% Windows 7 64-bit compatible and 100% compatible with Ableton Live. Please contact us for assistance getting set up on your Windows 7 setupvia www.korg.com/contactus.aspx. You'll see our contact phone number and e-mail support link. We look forward to helping you get up and running.

facebookTwitterYouTube
RenanLB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Korg,

I had the same problem described on this thread with my padKONTROL and i tryed all available solutions described here and NOTHING solved the problem. The weird part is that this started happening after i update to the latest driver (DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe)

So i thought: If the problem started after i installed the LATEST driver... i decided to go back from DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe and install DrvTools_e(1.14_r1).exe and PROBLEM SOLVED. Now the editor Librarian and my DAW (Reaper) see padKONTROL again.

So PLEASE KORG,look into this and fix whatever is happening with the latest driver because there are thousands of people out there with these KONTROL series who could go through the same problem easily just by installing the latest driver on their systems and if they don't have a backup of the old working driver well, they are busted!

Good thing i had a backup of DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe on another HD because on the support page it's not available for download anymore.
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: So No Korg Support Reply with quote

tomorrowsman wrote:

We've sent you two e-mails since you contacted us and have not heard back. If you can, please respond to our e-mails to let us know that you're up and running.

Thanks,

Korg USA Product Support

facebookTwitterYouTube
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenanLB wrote:
Dear Korg,

I had the same problem described on this thread with my padKONTROL and i tryed all available solutions described here and NOTHING solved the problem. The weird part is that this started happening after i update to the latest driver (DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe)

So i thought: If the problem started after i installed the LATEST driver... i decided to go back from DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe and install DrvTools_e(1.14_r1).exe and PROBLEM SOLVED. Now the editor Librarian and my DAW (Reaper) see padKONTROL again.

So PLEASE KORG,look into this and fix whatever is happening with the latest driver because there are thousands of people out there with these KONTROL series who could go through the same problem easily just by installing the latest driver on their systems and if they don't have a backup of the old working driver well, they are busted!

Good thing i had a backup of DrvTools_e(1.14_r6).exe on another HD because on the support page it's not available for download anymore.

You're running into the Windows 10 MIDI device limit. This is widely described at length in various forums and websites (I believe this forum as well!). This is exacerbated by the fact that Windows installs different devices for each USB port. In other words, a padKONTROL connected to 3 different USB ports would be recognized as 3 unique devices installed on your computer. Consequently, if you have an audio interface with MIDI connectivity and any other MIDI based devices, you can hit the 10 device limit pretty quickly.

You can either edit your Windows Registry manually (which there are instructions widely available for) to remove duplicate entries or you can use the "Korg MIDI Driver Uninstall Utility" in your Start menu to remove duplicate MIDI entries. Be sure to click "Option" and uncheck "Delete Korg MIDI Device Only". This will allow you to uninstall redundant entries for any third-party devices other than Korg that you may have installed on your computer. To be clear, this is not a problem with the Korg driver but rather a limitation built into the Windows OS.

facebookTwitterYouTube
alex0002

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Korg Editor work when logged in as a regular user, rather than administrator? We can get it to work under administrator but not under a normal user. Is there a fix for this?
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex0002 wrote:
Will the Korg Editor work when logged in as a regular user, rather than administrator? We can get it to work under administrator but not under a normal user. Is there a fix for this?

Yes, it should. Please contact your local distributor directly via the link in my signature. They can help you troubleshoot the problem.

facebookTwitterYouTube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: