Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working sample button mod! though not a MIDI solution.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Working sample button mod! though not a MIDI solution. Reply with quote

In my frustration with arming the KP3 sample button, I have become a bit bold and taken apart my kp3. My hope is to mod the sample button to a wired extension in the form of a foot switch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planetfunkatron/sets/72157629334635043/

The sample button looks like it just needs to be bridged with a momentary switch in able to be armed. My worry is that the current from a direct bridge may be too strong and blow out a diode or fuse. I might try to bridge the connection with a low level in line resistor but we will see. My electrician friend is going to take a look. I will let you know.

kp32

kp31

UPDATE!!!!!!

It works....... It really works! I took an OHM meter and measured the resistance between the 2 contacts and it showed none. Just 2 wires and a momentary switch attached to the sample button, now i can control my kp3 from a foot switch. Next I am going to see if i can do the shift button.

I also did the same thing to the shift button...
Maybe there is a way to control a momentary switch with a usb/midi interface.

Last edited by Grizzle on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Grizzle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Working sample button! mod, though not a MIDI solution. Reply with quote

loudcloudbangpow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING WORK !!!

I am currently in the process of configuring a footswitch for my KP3; any chance you documented what the board looks like after you made the soldering connection on the board? I would greatly appreciate it as I am a noob (& on behalf of all noobs out there)

Laughing

Thanks in advanced!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: