Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keybed on m3-88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countrycreek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Keybed on m3-88 Reply with quote

Hi I'm fixing to buy a m3 88 to go with my new kronos 61 is there any problems with the keybed on m3 88 or is it just with the kronos 88 ? Thanks

km 200 Hartke (2)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most keybeds on the Kronos also are perfect.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M3-88 keybed is fine!
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
think

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Keybed on m3-88 Reply with quote

countrycreek wrote:
Hi I'm fixing to buy a m3 88 to go with my new kronos 61 is there any problems with the keybed on m3 88 or is it just with the kronos 88 ? Thanks

Keybeds on m3 88 are perfect. Some has uneven spaces between keys but this is just cosmetic.
guillex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Keybed on m3-88 Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
countrycreek wrote:

Isn't that a bit redundant? To have an M3 and a KRONOS? Unless you use the Sequencer in the M3 a lot and you want to keep the M3 for that, I can understand, but given how disgustingly inferior the M3 is to KRONOS, why would you even keep the M3???

Sina

why not? Why we think that every new keyboard is so good that we should sell inmediatly the "old" keyboard? Kronos is better, and more expensive...but the M3 is bad? Is not.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
guillex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Keybed on m3-88 Reply with quote

Ok....It's up to you.

M50=M3 sounds, without radias and the brass,winds,piano expansions....So, for you the M3 is the worst keyboard ever but you love your M50? Laughing

Kronos is much better than the M3, ok? But don't forget that Kronos cost almost double money...

YOU CAN'T COMPARE KRONOS WITH M3, do it with the OASYS, and as you have one, Im sure that the Oasys is the real thing...For me the Kronos is a cheap Oasys...IMHO.

Regards Sina!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sina: I agree that the M3 is inferior to the Kronos. The only reason why people would buy an M3 over a Kronos is probably because of the price difference which is quite substantial, but so are the sonic/feature differences.

About the EDS/HD1 difference.
If you can give me a complete list with samples on the M3 where they can be found on the Kronos, and for every M3 parameter its EDS equivalent (including value range and linearity conversion), I promise I will make a M3 to Kronos conversion in PCG Tools, meaning you can copy/paste programs (and possibly combis) from an M3 PCG file to a Kronos PCG file. I think thousands of Kronos owners would like this.

I always wrote that the sample sets and parameters are not compatible, so I would be really surprise if you can make complete (!) conversion lists for samples and parameters.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vision99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Keybed on m3-88 Reply with quote

think wrote:
Keybeds on m3 88 are perfect. Some has uneven spaces between keys but this is just cosmetic.

I notice this on my new used M3 88 too. I hope it is really just a cosmetic issue, but I think Korg should do better. On the other hand I like the feel very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: