Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Tuner Survey
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Korg Tuner Survey Reply with quote

Hey folks,

If you've got a minute, we'd love to hear some feedback from you so that we can improve features available in Korg tuners. The survey can be found here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DCM3K9K

Thanks!

Best regards,

Korg USA

facebookTwitterYouTube
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be most pleased if Korg never made another effin tuner for another 10 years.

FXXX Korg Tuners.

I swear that too many engineers and managers think that you can never have too many tuners. They aren't sex toys. I think you can stop after having 20 different models of tuners. The world doesn't need a strawberry flavored pink handheld clipon tuner with lube.

Here's a survey for you:

Should we update the Electribes to bring them into 2012?

My vote is yes. Have your monkeys chew on that one.
charlie67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you don’t want to buy another effin tuner? Maybe in 10 years, stringed instruments will tune themselves. It shouldn’t be too difficult, but perhaps that’s giving Korg more ideas we could do without.
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the next tuner will have a touchscreen, GPS and WLAN with integrated FaceBook and Twitter accounts so you can tell your friends how good your strings are tuned. With the additional built-in vintage vacuum tube you will get the warmest tuning possible.
The built in HD-camera allows you to take and archive pictures of your other 33 tuners so you always have a record on your best tuning results.

If you order one before Oct. 31th, you even could win one of five "7-Day-Tuning Workshop" in Tuningen (Germany)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlie67 wrote:
Are you sure that you don’t want to buy another effin tuner? Maybe in 10 years, stringed instruments will tune themselves. It shouldn’t be too difficult, but perhaps that’s giving Korg more ideas we could do without.

That's already been done years ago, both Gibson and Fender have autotuning guitars, and I know there's others too.

I don't have any problem with tuners in general. I bought one 20 years ago and it works just as good today as it did when I got it. My problem is with Korg ignoring some of their best, most successful products for ages with no apparent progress, while still releasing half a dozen "new" tuners regularly each year.

I also highly approve of the idea of using surveys to elicit feedback from us, just not for more effin tuners.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axxim wrote:
Wow, the next tuner will have a touchscreen, GPS and WLAN with integrated FaceBook and Twitter accounts so you can tell your friends how good your strings are tuned. With the additional built-in vintage vacuum tube you will get the warmest tuning possible.
The built in HD-camera allows you to take and archive pictures of your other 33 tuners so you always have a record on your best tuning results.

If you order one before Oct. 31th, you even could win one of five "7-Day-Tuning Workshop" in Tuningen (Germany)

Axxim, are you Korg's new marketing director for Europe? I think you accidentally released the company's secret plans for the next 10 years.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys… it’s quite disappointing to see you reply to a genuine question from KORG like this.

Ok, it’s about Guitar Tuners and you’re not interested in those. You got to appreciate the fact though that KORG has even asked for peoples input.

We had other surveys in the past about workstations and hopefully we will see more in the future.

Please don’t blast KORG off the forum though and put them off the idea of even asking for our input regardless of what they are working on.

Regards
Sharp.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, before acually reading the survey I was very much on the same opinion as Sharp. However, the survey is just ridiculous. It is about all unimportant attributes of a tuner (well, maybe not for the majority of 'consumers', but I accept to differ), with a single 'checkbox' reference to one of the most important parameters of a tuner: accuracy.

I, for one, have been outraged in the last two decades by the poor resolution of digital tuners. My preference would go to a strobo-lamp rotating disc kind, which - being analogue, at least to some extent - is accurate enough to tune a piano with. That would be my baseline for tuner accuracy, cannot live with flickering LEDs and over-attenuated meter needles. As to all the other points in the survey, sorry, I couldn't care less when purchasing my next tuner (after the Korg DT-1 I purchased upon my Korg DT-2 being taken by the flood in 1992, still equiped with the original batteries after 20 years due to the infrequent use as per the above).

Thanks for surveying, anyways...
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about NO MORE TUNERS!!!!

Korg has done everything it can possibly do for tuners for the next 10 years and beyond Rolling Eyes

Korg needs to get back into Guitar Effects...the AX3000 is very revolutionary but all so unchallenged for the past 6 years. It's time for an AX5000!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Guys… it’s quite disappointing to see you reply to a genuine question from KORG like this.

Ok, it’s about Guitar Tuners and you’re not interested in those. You got to appreciate the fact though that KORG has even asked for peoples input.

We had other surveys in the past about workstations and hopefully we will see more in the future.

Please don’t blast KORG off the forum though and put them off the idea of even asking for our input regardless of what they are working on.

Regards
Sharp.

I think we hear what you are saying but really the feedback you are reading is genuine and it honest. the fans here are really say "thanks korg for the 6 years of tuners but it is time to focus your R and D on something more and different."

Korg should look at this type of feed back as success; "wow we really did over do it, it's ok to move our resources to something else, since there is nothing more we can do to improve on tuners...WE DID IT!!!"
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good discussion with valid points all round. I use a tuning fork for tuning the piano and from that Mrs Cello tunes her cello. Works for us.

Just to add another dimension, I'm a little uneasy by the 3rd person nature of the OP. It's not an 'Emma' or a 'Trevor' - it's simply 'Korg product support'.

Is their posting of a different nature to RichF and danatkorg? These individuals just do it out of their spare time and genuine interest? And Korg support is a more official form of contact?

Also, is it the same person using the login or is it a series of people using the same login?

Just saying'.

Anyway, yes, I think it's fab that someone in Korg USA is coming here to ask us to participate - should be encouraged. But alas yes, I wish it was for something a little more signficant than a tuner lol! Laughing

But then again - is Korg really going to come here with a survey for the qualities required of their next flagship keyboard? I seriously doubt it (given that Korg wouldn't want to reveal their thinking to the competition...)!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has become something (beyond?) an in-joke every trade show (NAMM et al), the number of new tuners Korg release each and every time are pretty ridiculous. Wink
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but just my honest opinion ...

Please no more Tuners.

cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but just my honest opinion ...

Please no more Tuners.

Lol - this thread has turned out to be a survey in itself with quite a resounding response!

Maybe this is the wrong place (for tuners)? We're not a guitar/string-based forum; it's predominantly - but not exclusively - a keyboard forum. We've got lovely saws and PWM/PMs that we can tune (or more excitingly - de-tune [now we're talking!]).

Maybe Korg makes a big profit margin from tuners, which in turn goes into R&D for the stuff we're (mostly) interested in - new keyboards!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

xmlguy wrote:
I also highly approve of the idea of using surveys to elicit feedback from us, just not for more effin tuners.

I stand by every message I've posted in this thread as being my 100% honest opinion. I commented specifically because Korg may not realize the negative feelings they've generated by constantly releasing new tuners while they've left so many of their products we use just hanging in the wind with token updates or nothing at all. It's embarrasing and shocking. Where's the replacements for the Radias, Electribes, KP3 (Quad is no advance without sampling), and microX? I can't possibly fathom how Korg could consider these products to be so unsuccessful that they milk the market dry for ages then discontinue production with no worthy replacements. It's reprehensible and deserving of my wrath. Korg is free to ignore my opinion, but how else would they know that they aren't producing the products that I WANT TO BUY? There's absolutely zero chance that I'm going to buy a tuner.

Since the Radias has been released, new synths have been released by all of the major competitors, with Casio jumping back into the market and new entries such as Maudio Venom. Now we get messages here of people pleading to find a used Radias. WTFIUWT?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: