Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stand Recommendation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bootsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Stand Recommendation Reply with quote

Morning -
Anyone recommend a good stand other than the Korg stand? I just can't pull the trigger on an expensive stand that doesn't seem easy to set up.
thanks for your help -
Andy
flyingace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After trying the Ultimate Apex 48 pro (too wobbly with a heavy 88 on the bottom), I sent it back and got the On-Stage brand heavy duty X-stand with the "clutch" height adjustment. It is heavy and stable, cheap and easy.

Not my favorite stand ever but... my only other alternative is to get the one Korg makes that screws into the bottom of the SV1. I saw a fellow musician's on stage a few months back and it really seemed nice and stable. I just with it was black instead of cheap looking chrome. Sad
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg stand is very stable, and significantly heavier than it looks. It's easy to set up and take down, too.

I use an ancient two-tier double-braced Quiklok X-stand as well (QL642?). That works just fine, and is also very stable.

Just don't try and put an 88 note keyboard on a cheap single-braced X stand. Asking for trouble, that is!
poly800

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The On-Stage Stands KS7150 platform stand with the KSA8000 2nd tier has been a great setup for the SV-1 with the CX-3 mounted above it for me. Played several gigs with it - very sturdy, easy to set up and pack away and there's a bag for it as well. Has the vintage 'legs' look which suits the SV-1 just fine. Plenty of room for pedals and a full-size pedal board beneath too, and room for your knees.

I did put velcro loop tape on the front of the 2nd tier where the back of the SV-1 would touch so I don't scratch it. Did the same on the end-caps of the 2nd tier where the CX-3 rests for the same reason.

If you expand its width about 5 - 6 inches there's a sweet spot where the screws on the underside of the SV-1 fit it perfectly. I marked the position by scoring it with a knife so I'm up and running quickly.
Bootsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I currently use a double X stand thing but the SV-1 doesn't sit right and I'm tired of banging my knees. I was looking more for something like the On-Stage KS7150 so it's good to get that feedback.
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Korg Sv-1 stand Reply with quote

The new Sv-1 stands are listed for $99 at Sweetwater. I ordered it today for when my Sv comes in.
I have been informed that late May is their new expected arrival.
I hope the extended delay is due to Korg Enhanceing something, and not a production problem. Rolling Eyes
jook

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poly800 wrote:
The On-Stage Stands KS7150 platform stand with the KSA8000 2nd tier has been a great setup for the SV-1 with the CX-3 mounted above it for me. Played several gigs with it - very sturdy, easy to set up and pack away and there's a bag for it as well. Has the vintage 'legs' look which suits the SV-1 just fine. Plenty of room for pedals and a full-size pedal board beneath too, and room for your knees.

I did put velcro loop tape on the front of the 2nd tier where the back of the SV-1 would touch so I don't scratch it. Did the same on the end-caps of the 2nd tier where the CX-3 rests for the same reason.

If you expand its width about 5 - 6 inches there's a sweet spot where the screws on the underside of the SV-1 fit it perfectly. I marked the position by scoring it with a knife so I'm up and running quickly.

I also have a SV-1 and CX-3 combo... do you have a photo of this setup? I can't find that stand here locally... I didn't think any 2nd-tier add on would be deep enough to hold the CX-3. And I'm curious as to how it looks and how high the gap is between the two keyboards.

I'm even tempted to sit the SV-1 directly on top of the CX-3... it would hide some of the controls and drawbars, but I can maneuver them by feel I figure... it seems like it should sit on top of the CX3, by sitting over the controls, although it might put too much weight on the side edges of the CX3.

Also of course, it's hardly ideal with piano action being on the upper manual, and organ action on the lower manual... but it sure would be a more concise setup.
poly800

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. I'll take a few photos on Monday when I'm at my next practice. I'd be cautious about putting the SV-1 on top of the CX-3 - those screws on the underside of the SV-1 could scratch up the CX-3 a treat.
briansmoke

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV-1 stand is very good. It isn't difficult to set up. Takes a couple of minutes. It holds the SV1 securely, and doesn't just rely on the weight of the SV1 to hold it down.

The one and only drawback, is that at full extension, it isn't tall enough for me to stand and play. I'm just 6 foot tall, which is perhaps tall for a Japanese person, but I'm British, and about average height.

The stand goes very well with the softcase. I had a hell of a problem getting my hands of both of these earlier this year. No regrets though.

Just my thoughts.
Bootsy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I purchased the Korg SV1 stand from Sweetwater. It was a "demo" so it cost $90. It's a great stand, sturdy and fits the Sv1 perfectly. Very easy set up and goes in the SV1 bag. The only con is that it makes the bag with keyboard and stand pretty heavy.
poly800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jook

Sorry it's taken so long, but here are a couple of images of the CX-3 mounted above the SV-1 on the On Stage Stands KS7150 platform stand with the KSA8000 2nd tier. It's pretty playable at that height and angle, and only takes a matter of seconds to put together. Since the CX-3 obviously casts quite a shadow over the SV-1, I have a 2' LED light rope velcroed on the underside of the second tier to illuminate the SV-1 panel.

Having the space between the legs of the platform stand is really useful for the 30" x 16" pedal board I have underneath too. I have the CX-3 expression pedal, rotary on / off switch, SV-1 sustain pedal and 10-socket power strip velcroed down ready to go and I've also started using guitar pedals to replace the effects in the SV-1 since it's easier to engage them during a song (plus the EXP-2 also pedal broke after a year of wah use).

Twinton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to buy the specific stand for my SV-1...
Is the original stand (with adjustable chrome legs) still sold?
It seems to me that the only stand sold now is the black version... and for what i saw, the height is not adjustable... So, what's the height?
Thanks for replies Wink
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some stores still list the original chrome stand as available, but I'm not sure that it's being made any longer, the black version is certainly in stock at more sites.

The stand is height adjustable ( the legs are telescopic with a locking nut half way down)
Twinton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oy5t3h wrote:

The stand is height adjustable ( the legs are telescopic with a locking nut half way down)

Are you sure?? I don't see that on pictures?
Bootsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I'm sure. It's adjustable. I have it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: