Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS crashed. What now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: OASYS crashed. What now? Reply with quote

My Oasys just stopped working today. Now I only get the message "This OASYS must me reauthorised before it can be used. I have to begin reauthorazition through the website.

What can be wrong? Is it the hard disk?

What to do? I already authorised the Oasys.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a strange one. I would go through Korg service and tell them what is going on and ask them. It may be as simple as reauthorizing and nothing more. Confused

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-authorised the OASYS, and it seems to work again. Relief. I was close to a heart attack. Hope this never happens on stage.... Shocked Shocked
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to read that re-authorising brought your O back to life...reading about these issues scares the life out of me let alone having it happen.

Glad all is good.

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is reauthorisation??? never heard of it on workstations before... can it happen to kronos??

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, technically speaking it can - because it works the same way as the OASYS.
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Yes, technically speaking it can - because it works the same way as the OASYS.

i think i do know what re-authorisation mean... and yes it could happen to kronos.. read this in advance:
http://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=korg%20reauthorisation&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkorg.com%2Fuploads%2FSupport%2FKRONOS_Update_and_Restore_E2_634582419660550000.pdf&ei=YRmcT7z2MoLIrQfCv8Be&usg=AFQjCNEPSAVzkQ8CnvMH6-IXqXQatgdbHA&cad=rja

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
gorkymate

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to panic, it happend to me once.
I vent bezrk, but, thing is that I opened my ''O'' and simply take out ram memory and after minute put it back.
It work for me like a charm.
Thing maybe, if you're not using same memory bars, it can happend.
Try it!!
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noo... it's not like that... korg uses DRM protection for it's components and softwares (to prevent it being hijacked)... it needs to be reauthrorized sometimes... it's normal thing, but annoying...

gorkymate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't cost him a thing, except some time to try it! I'm not saying that this is solution, but when he reauthorise and if the screen becomes blue again and it stars to shiver, then , my frends, it's time to take out the ram bars Smile
I've been witness to the case... Just putting my input ...
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have nothing to say... i have no oasys and haven't witnessed the case Razz
it's strange though... i think the ram and the message problem is not linked at all...

Dany

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1jordyzzz wrote:
noo... it's not like that... korg uses DRM protection for it's components and softwares (to prevent it being hijacked)... it needs to be reauthrorized sometimes... it's normal thing, but annoying...

Your statement is BS (sorry for the expression...). I am using two OASYS-88 excessively since several years and I've never experienced any software or hardware related issues at all. It was never necessary to reauthorize anything and if you have to, then something with your OASYS is indeed very wrong and you should take it immediately to a Korg repair center.

So it is absolutely abnormal and unusual if you ever have to reauthorize your OASYS without any good reason and is a sign of some hardware issue! As a constant reader of the OASYS section in this forum, since its release in 2005, I've never heard anything that would support your assumption. In all the rare cases, where OASYS users had suddenly some strange messages on their screen, it was always a hardware related issue, like RAM sticks or loose connections (e.g. connection to the touchscreen), which were the causes for all those kind of very rarely occurring problems...

-
gorkymate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for intruding, but, I've never had any problems except that one with blue screen.. so how do you explain that I had same problem with authorization and after I did authorized it .. it went blue again.. and one more authoirsatio ..and again blue.. after tkaing out ram bars and plug it again everything workin fine now for 1 year!! Soryy, that you think my post was BS, but bro, that happend tome and now it works fine, so explain this, and pleas find any oder solution what could happend, I now working fine...??
Dany

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorkymate wrote:
Soryy, that you think my post was BS, but bro, that happend tome and now it works fine, so explain this, and pleas find any oder solution what could happend, I now working fine...??

Hey gorkymate

I think there is some misunderstanding going on...I called "1jordyzzz"'s statement BS and not yours. In fact my previous post supports your experience and view... Wink

-
gorkymate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I send to harsh post Smile
My goal is only to help my ''O'' friends!
Hope I didn't afend anybody, my sincerly apology! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: