Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LCD touch screen problem, desperately needs help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsstudio

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: LCD touch screen problem, desperately needs help! Reply with quote

HI, I am needing some big help here so please read! Thanks
My O's LCD 1 day decide to stop response to my touch...
Turn on, power ump everything look good but when I touch LCD, no response at all. Move all the faders, no move on LCD. Note that I still can with buttons, play sounds... only LCD having a problem.
Panic, I tried to search forum for a fix... so "Enter + 0" won't do anything (how to do it anyway/routine?, I tried so many time but still look like normal boot)
- I tried to insert an OS disc and reset memory, no work
- Then I tried to re-install the OS, re-authorize, update to 1.3.3... but no help
- Go Korg website, search for local authorized "service center", some "not expertise on Oasys", some not return call at all after "technician is busy"
Please advise me...is any other way to fix at home?
Or if I have to get it fix, who should I call and where to ? I definitely don't ant to ship because there is no way that I can ship a 88 Key monster anywhere due to size and weight.
So, please suggest me a good "authorized service center" - I want a real one ...last time I bring my Yamaha CS60 to similar "service center" they charged me $150 just to inspect and later answer to me that they can't fix it Sad
I am living Orange County, 45min to Los Angeles...
Thank you very much, my life very depends on the O Sad
Sonny
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds horrid - feel your pain

Has your O been opened up recently? Any chance something has become disconnected (one of the ribbons for example)?

How does the screen respond if you try to recalibrate it?
dsstudio

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Sounds horrid - feel your pain

Has your O been opened up recently? Any chance something has become disconnected (one of the ribbons for example)?

How does the screen respond if you try to recalibrate it?

Hi
It sit still and was working no problem, no open, no moving, no abuse Sad LCD just not response to touch so I can't calibrate it (Global the enter + 3)
Thanks for your concern!
Sonny
Dany

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you often move the tiltable screen?

-
dsstudio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dany wrote:

-

no, not at all too Sad
Dany

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsstudio wrote:
Dany wrote:

-

no, not at all too Sad

Quite alarming!

Korg repair is inevitable.

But does Korg still have replacement parts for the OASYS touch screen?

Please keep us informed about the further development of your sad case.

Good luck!

-
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:

If you've never opened it, I think it's worth a look inside to check the connection from the screen. Just 2 screws to take out (top screw, near center, on each endcap).

While it sounds like you've had a tough time with repair techs, there are a lot of them in your area. Maybe Sina, or someone who lives nearby, will chime in with who they use...
dsstudio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
cello wrote:

If you've never opened it, I think it's worth a look inside to check the connection from the screen. Just 2 screws to take out (top screw, near center, on each endcap).

While it sounds like you've had a tough time with repair techs, there are a lot of them in your area. Maybe Sina, or someone who lives nearby, will chime in with who they use...

Thanks
I remember I open the O and change the battery once, but that was year ago and I remember unscrew 2 from the side...
Is there a way to open on top as you said? can you tell me more about it?
Also, can you tell me more about the tech? (Sina)
Regards
Sonny
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsstudio wrote:

I remember I open the O and change the battery once, but that was year ago and I remember unscrew 2 from the side...

Yes, that's how you get in.

As for "Sina," he is another user that lives in your area. I was just hoping he, or anyone else from that area, would maybe chime in about techs in the vicinity.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Robbinhood here on KorgForums runs a repair business in or near LA..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Mixingboard

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going through the same problem with my touchscreen. I have an email sent to Korg Support. It appears they are now only open from 1-5pm eastern time. They close before I can get home from work to be in front of my keyboard.

I have looked at the part number of the Display on my keyboard and it is

NL6448BC33-59

I found an online parts supplier in Oceanside CA from a thread in the Karma forum that sells what I think are used displays for $65, if the display is the problem.

http://store.computerccw.com/ccw/product_info.php/products_id/928
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that fader-movements are not mirrored on the LCD. This IMHO points in the direction of a lost connection ... as was mentioned already. The standard complaint on the touch-screen is that it doesn't response to (all) touching. But this case is very different! Rolling Eyes

Let us know what happened in the end - thx. Confused
Mixingboard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the OP was saying that when he tried to move the faders on the LCD there was no movement.

He said "when I touch LCD, no response at all. Move all the faders, no move on LCD. Note that I still can with buttons, play sounds... only LCD having a problem." That would be worse if you physically move a fader and their is no response on the the LCD.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more familiar with the KRONOS than the OASYS, but hopefully I can assist a little.

As another user suggested, the fact that the LCD screen does not respond to movements of the faders on the control surface suggests it's not a problem with the LCD itself. Also, resistive touchscreens tend to not fail completely at once; rather, they degrade slowly over time.

I suspect that there is a separate module for digitizing analogue controllers - including the faders and the touch screen - that then connects to the x86 motherboard in the OASYS. This module probably connects to the motherboard via a simple USB connection, and if this connection becomes loose, you will have the exact symptoms you're describing.

As I say, I don't have an OASYS so I'm not particularly familiar with it, but I'd imagine it has a very similar architecture to the KRONOS. It might be worth carefully opening up and checking these connections.

If all connections are secure, then the ADC for the control surface has probably failed, but this is much less likely overall.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Dany

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@"dsstudio": What happened in the meantime with your OASYS? Rolling Eyes

-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: