Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1/T3 sounds wanted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroozo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: M1/T3 sounds wanted! Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm changing now my T3 to Extreme. The problem is - I'll miss M1/T2/T3 sounds, which I used so many years... I couldn't find the samples for Triton series for 2 months...
Maybe someone know about company making them, or have something for sell/share? My Extreme has max ram, plus I have on top Motif XS6 with 1GB RAM for extended libraries so no problem to load them Smile.
Big thanks for anyone who can help!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a disk set called M1 factory for the Trinity. It contains all samples and programs - these latter will probably have to be rewritten or completely replaced for the Triton.

It seems from other sources that Triton does not read the compressed Trinity format, but it is worth a try. Maybe you can use some KSF converter program.

Search for TFD-4S Trinity.

Another option is the legacy collection...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Trinity M1 disk are of no use to anyone unless you have a Trinity.

The disks use 2:1 compression that only the Trinity can read, so it's impossible to take the samples and convert them to any other format.

No other KORG will read the disks either other than a Trinity.

What about buying the KORG Legacy Collection VSTi. That contains all the sounds from the M1 and T Series, plus every card and floppy disk.

Regards
Sharp
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
No other KORG will read the disks either other than a Trinity.

I got a little carried away as I've just integrated the KSF file format into my T-series multisound editor few days ago and it reads those files without any problem. The only thing is that they are indicated to have 8 bit resolution (thought it to be a marketing hyped '2:1 compression') and have not been too much concerned with it, as the sound was pretty much corresponding that resolution.

However, based on your 'determined' post I've checked it again, compared with actual M1/T samples and have found that the compression sounds like some sort of a dithering that is probably removed with a filter algorithm upon loading (or playing?) thereby upscaling resolution to 16 bits. I'll have another look to see whether the Trinity compression can be resolved and then I'll include that functionality in the editor or create a separate utility to convert these samples to 'normal'.

Thanks for being adamant on this - that was my former position too, but not having tried it on a Triton or later, I thought it was just an urban legend, since I could read the file without a problem - shame on me not quality checking the result (sounds are resembling, but definitively not the quality of the originals)...

BTW, can anyone confirm that the M/T series uses a 2:1 compression on the wave ROM, too?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can convert them to normal KSF format, that would be amazing.

I'm actually in the process of looking at the KRONOS and seeing what it would take to emulate the M1+ T Series through programming the sounds into the HD-1 engine one by one.

Regards
Sharp.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let me take the sample side then, if you have no solution to that, yet.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see if it can be done.

What I'm playing around with is a program that simulates the digital legacy vsti screen. You copy what you see on the real plugin to the simulator, and that then generates KRONOS screen shots with offset values that allow you to get pretty close to the original sound.

Regards
Sharp.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Cool
Hmmm... I don't know about samples. Will open another topi on the Trinity forum to see whether we can piece it together.
jhulk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want them i have been doing them in 32khz as the originals for the korg dss1x and trinity

i have also done the full sr wavestation pcm samples also in 32khz as the originals and i am in the process of doing the korg 01w

i have also done 100 user waves from my prophet vs which are nearly ready to go as a full 100 multisample bank ksc file with all kmp and ksf files

i have also done over 500 dwgs multisounds using the dsm1 and dss1 additive engine through resynthesis of real samples which givs me the spectra data in partials and volume which i can do in these machines i also use them in the kawai k5 and k5000

if you want to try some out let me know ill they are sampled every octave like the originals looped and are 32khz 16bits and they sound great

synthjoe has already tried some of my pcm samples in the t2ex

no need for the 8bit versions then
jhulk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only the 01w uses the compression as i recall
djfilippo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhulk wrote:
if you want them i have been doing them in 32khz as the originals for the korg dss1x and trinity

i have also done the full sr wavestation pcm samples also in 32khz as the originals and i am in the process of doing the korg 01w

i have also done 100 user waves from my prophet vs which are nearly ready to go as a full 100 multisample bank ksc file with all kmp and ksf files

i have also done over 500 dwgs multisounds using the dsm1 and dss1 additive engine through resynthesis of real samples which givs me the spectra data in partials and volume which i can do in these machines i also use them in the kawai k5 and k5000

if you want to try some out let me know ill they are sampled every octave like the originals looped and are 32khz 16bits and they sound great

synthjoe has already tried some of my pcm samples in the t2ex

no need for the 8bit versions then

Were is possible load multisample? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: