Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

may pre-entry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: may pre-entry Reply with quote

Seeing as noone has posted anything for May yet I thought I'd keep the ball rolling. Have been too swamped with work to complete a full track but here is the pre-recording of the track I am still hoping to complete before the month is over:

http://soundcloud.com/neotechtonics/roughcut-wip

kind of industrial dubstep with some trap influenced percussion.

gear used: Korg Electribe MX-1, Roland SP-404, Line6 PodXT-Live
recorded 'live' using single pattern and part muting onto Zoom R16.

the wobbly bits were generated by the EMX and sampled onto the 404 then sequenced again from 2 synth parts on the EMX. The audio quality aint so good cos I didnt take the time to bus individual parts to separate channels, everything was passed thru the PodXT-Live pedal so there are some low points in the EQ spectrum. When I complete the song structure and patterns I'll use the PodXT just for the basslines to give them some crunch but will separate the rest of the track to their own channels so its a bit clearer. Should be a decent track once its all done right... needs some breaks and builds and a MASSIVE drop, maybe some vocal cuts to add some spice.

all feedback is appreciated (except mic feedback)

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still completely inundated with work at the moment (when i havent been dying of flu).... and loaned my SP404 to a mate to use for a gig... like a month ago.. lol
will hopefully be picking it up this weekend, along with the Shure SM-58 he's selling to me and also my turd-mic so I can finally get back around to doing some more work on this track. I might also re-do the drums using the MPC and also throw in some triplet and sixth hats to give some more trap flavour.. and one thing that it is sorely lacking: a big build and a heavy drop!!!

could be a real banger if i stopped being lazy with my production and focussed alot more on automation and track structure.

stay tuned

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: