Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to back-up and how to get the computer to talk to my TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transitbear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: How to back-up and how to get the computer to talk to my TE Reply with quote

I can't seem to find a step by steop in either of the manuals for backing up the data either onto cf, jump drive or by connecting it to my computer and at least saving the information, if not manipulating or replacing patches/combi. My computer recognizes the TE as a drive but I can't figure out how to get the info back to go back and forth. Sorry for being such a luddite. Any help would be appreciated.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug a USB data key into the back. I've used small (125M) up to fairly large (4 gig) with no issues. Then push the "media" button: you'll see pull down menus for loading from or saving to the various media (CF, USB, computer) that the TE can "see".

Note that your TE will try to read (scan) ALL of a larger media type in order to present you with a menu and the bigger it is the longer the process takes - a smaller (1G or less) USB key may still take 15 to 30 seconds to appear.

MEDIA is where you download and upload and create back-up copies of your set-up as .pcg files. Only Korg files (.pcg, .kcg, .sng, etc.) are readable - there's no provision for other file types like .pdf - you can't use your screen for lyrics or charts. Having them on the same media key is not bad, your TE just gives you a null file (I can't read this) message.

Note that you can dig down into the menu of a .pcg to the program level while still in MEDIA menu and audition sounds before actually loading them.

Triton Classic .pcg files (many in download section) should be compatible with the TE (tho not TE to Classic) so you have a lot of possibilities. Conservatively speaking, a 1 gig USB key should be able to hold close to the entire .pcg library posted here.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
transitbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, Thank you. It worked on a little jump drive. I can't believe how little space the whole of it took. Any idea now on how to load in the program files from a floppy for the moss board I just installed. Again thanks.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB floppy drive = $25 or thereabouts at Office Depot/Staples - does not work directly to the TE, but can get any floppy file into your computer just like an installed floppy drive would.

So... Floppy saves to your computer (check the MOSS .pcg files in the download section). Computer to USB thumb drive - again saving a MOSS .pcg file, and then following the same routine loading in to your TE (F Bank).

You have to have the MOSS board installed of course, or there's no point in attempting to load. Same tip re: auditioning programs before actually loading.

-------

Note that .PCG is the generic designation for a Korg program/combi/global file regardless of the machine since as far back as Trinity, so you need to be careful about segregating and naming .PCG files so as to make their origin and application as obvious as possible.

BB

+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
transitbear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhhhhh..... it worked. I have saved all my data on my jump drive. And then used that same jump drive to load into the Triton. Way cool sounds with the moss board. woo hoo. Thanks for your help!!!
TheKamanchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy,

So, I'm in the process of doing a backup on my own TE. I followed your instructions, but I can't seem to find my own tailored presets that i use for various gigs in the submenus. I always save them to either the E or N initial patches. in Prog or Combi.

Any thoughts?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK -

To be clear, you can save all data, meaning to confirm that any changes you've made with editing during the previous session are written into internal memory without ever actually "backing up" anything. I believe what you're doing is not so much creating a back-up as requesting an update the keyboard's internal memory.

To back-up the memory to external media you have to first be in the media menu, and establish that the media (USB flash drive) you have plugged in is being recognized. After you've got access to the USB drive you can save to it. There should be a dropdown menu in media utilities for saving (uploading) that will ask you, when selected, whether you want to make a copy to this media, what you want the file name to be, and whether you'd like a full or partial copy. An example of a partial copy would be (for you) to save your custom bank E programs only (box check) or to create a .pcg without sample maps, song/seq data, or user drum kits; unless you actually use them there's no need to save and overwrite them, so why save them? The individual bank saves and loads faster and won't overwrite any other saved data in other locations - only the target bank.

BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: