Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seriously, Kronos build quality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clipnotic wrote:
I like the sound and the synthese possibilities of the Kronos very much, too, it's wonderful! But with the hardware and sequencer ... I'm very critically, too ...

Last edited by Davidb on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toumal wrote:

The sequencer is as anachronistic as I feared, but I still hope for a software update to make this as awesome and full-featured as on the M3.
That's really my one major feature wishlist item so far, actually.

I hear you Toumal, and I can relate to your comment, so much.

Normally (I wont say unfortunately, and I´m hoping I´m wrong this time though) all Korg Keyboards that were software upgraded, were so till the top limit of OS Version 2.0.

You can check that if you want to.

Yet, If a "software update to make this as awesome and full-featured as on the M3 (agreed)" hasnt come by now, chances are that it will never see the light of day, never.

So... The best scenario right now is not to expect any forthcoming update regarding the Sequencer mode.
(Yeah, belive it, once more! Confused )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
When i opened mine it was like crap inside, everything fell out of its place
but bare in mind, i was one of the very first few people in USA to have the
Kronos, i was in the first 10 people probably...it was the earliest machines.

SO?! KRONOS is not designed to be opened by end users (hence voiding warranty), but played. Try opening an iPad, or iMac......
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toumal wrote:

The sequencer is as anachronistic as I feared, but I still hope for a software update to make this as awesome and full-featured as on the M3.

I wouldn't call M3 as full-featured sequencer as well. For me, it's not full featured until it allows separation of sequencer recording function from the mixer and program editing. Why do I have to stop the sequencer every time I have to record on a different track in loop recording? Why do I need to stop and get out of sequencer to tweak a drums kit key to pan it a little or adjust eq on snare.. etc. Or if I want to add a noise osc to the synth sound I am using?
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
Toumal wrote:

I wouldn't call M3 as full-featured sequencer as well. For me, it's not full featured until it allows separation of sequencer recording function from the mixer and program editing. Why do I have to stop the sequencer every time I have to record on a different track in loop recording? Why do I need to stop and get out of sequencer to tweak a drums kit key to pan it a little or adjust eq on snare.. etc. Or if I want to add a noise osc to the synth sound I am using?

True.
Those points are very well spotted Shakil, as usual.
KronosX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the Kronos is pretty much a PC. If you do get inside be sure to have the ability to change it all back in case of a warranty issue. What me? I never opened it.. Smile
erasurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Kronos booting problem detecting ghost USB Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:

Poor me....
I was amongst the first 2 people to purchase the Kronos in India. Have had it for almost a year now and have been really happily satisfied with it... the thing is, yesterday I got an error "System failure, please remove any USB devices and reboot."
Hmmm.. I normally don't use USB devices in rehearsals, and I didn't use one for almost 2 months, so this was kinda out of the blue and didn't make sense. Anyway, I powered off and waited and rebooted. It loaded up fine and everything was dandy. Today, the same error. I wasted about 3 hours of my band's time in trying to boot, but to no avail. I'm also and electronics enginner, so I thought it might be a burnt component or a soldering issue due to overheating, but I don't want to take any chances with opening it up to resolve it, because I don't want to void the warranty. The other post I checked, of people having this kind of problem had a few varying solutions. Any suggestions??? I don't want to take a huge risk of voiding the warranty, or what little time I have left of it. But I am also in the midst of recording an album...Question I need some advice Sad [/quote]
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos booting problem detecting ghost USB Reply with quote

erasurfer wrote:
Poor me....
I was amongst the first 2 people to purchase the Kronos in India. Have had it for almost a year now and have been really happily satisfied with it... the thing is, yesterday I got an error "System failure, please remove any USB devices and reboot."
Hmmm.. I normally don't use USB devices in rehearsals, and I didn't use one for almost 2 months, so this was kinda out of the blue and didn't make sense. Anyway, I powered off and waited and rebooted. It loaded up fine and everything was dandy. Today, the same error. I wasted about 3 hours of my band's time in trying to boot, but to no avail. I'm also and electronics enginner, so I thought it might be a burnt component or a soldering issue due to overheating, but I don't want to take any chances with opening it up to resolve it, because I don't want to void the warranty. The other post I checked, of people having this kind of problem had a few varying solutions. Any suggestions??? I don't want to take a huge risk of voiding the warranty, or what little time I have left of it. But I am also in the midst of recording an album...Question I need some advice Sad

You have currently 4 options:
- Talk to the store and get a replacement.
- Take your Kronos to the service center and have it repaired. This will require time, but you won't void your warranty.
- Check the RAM DIMMs are correctly installed. Maybe you can even replace those and upgrade your memory. Opening the Kronos "voids your warranty".
- Check the SSD is correctly plugged. Maybe it's also time to upgrade yours with a bigger one. Opening the Kronos "voids your warranty".
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos booting problem detecting ghost USB Reply with quote

MarPabl wrote:

- Check the RAM DIMMs are correctly installed. Maybe you can even replace those and upgrade your memory. Opening the Kronos "voids your warranty".
- Check the SSD is correctly plugged. Maybe it's also time to upgrade yours with a bigger one. Opening the Kronos "voids your warranty".

I have never once read or heard that opening the Kronos would void the warranty, only that it may void it.
rob314159

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos booting problem detecting ghost USB Reply with quote

erasurfer wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:

Poor me....
Hmmm.. I normally don't use USB devices in rehearsals, and I didn't use one for almost 2 months, so this was kinda out of the blue and didn't make sense. Anyway, I powered off and waited and rebooted. It loaded up fine and everything was dandy. Today, the same error. I wasted about 3 hours of my band's time in trying to boot, but to no avail. I'm also and electronics enginner, so I thought it might be a burnt component or a soldering issue due to overheating, but I don't want to take any chances with opening it up to resolve it, because I don't want to void the warranty. The other post I checked, of people having this kind of problem had a few varying solutions. Any suggestions??? I don't want to take a huge risk of voiding the warranty, or what little time I have left of it. But I am also in the midst of recording an album...Question I need some advice Sad

Do you have any MIDI devices connected? I've known that to cause a problem in boot sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: