Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rskeys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whille you release Krome's and what not we are still waiting on the editor and not a single word...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys know that Korg does this on purpose. They just love to tick off their customers by charging them thousands of dollars for a keyboard and then holding back the software editor. The editor has been ready since June, they're just sitting around for a good laugh.

~ sarcasm
merandus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
my only way of interacting with this thing is the editor.... ugh come on korg~
Sad
Mad
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope the new editor will look a lot like the new Krome editor, and is no longer created by sound quest... Or you might have a riot on your hands, Korg! Smile
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will be fine... this time
Wink

But I can't get it out of my mind that both Roland and Yamaha are ahead of the game with iPad editors for their flagship synths. I tried the JP80 editor and was slightly, very slightly, jealous.

But then again, they don't have to handle 9 engines Smile
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
and is no longer created by sound quest...

I must say, I understand why people wanted more from the SoundQuest Editor, but I found version 1 quite useful. Using a combo of SoudQuest and PCG Tools gives me what I need to work more efficiently than doing everything from the Kronos screen.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Better late then never. Reply with quote

Software engineering can be painful if you have some hidden bugs.

But this looks more and more like the mess with our BER airport here in Berlin. It opened in 2007, 2011, 2012, March 2013 and now Sep. 2013

Maybe the whole world laughs about us now?
|'|'||'|'|'||'|'| / Physis Piano H1 / Roland Fantom G6 + ARX-01 & 02 / M3 61 & EXB-Radias & 256 MB / Arturia vCollection 3 / KLC / Minimonsta / Kawai K5000 S + R / Moog Little Phatty Stage II / Novation Ultranova / Roland JX-305 / TE OP-1 / iPad & microKey 25 & iODock. / Yamaha Rm1x & QY100 / Logic 9 & Mainstage |'|'||'|'|'||'|'|
MRedZac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really worth waiting again for an editor, which again will come maybe 1 year late ? One thing is for sure: For the last editor, it wasn´t worth waiting for even a minute...
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
neomad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old soundquest editors (as midiquest) use to integrate a Librarian function. Up to date, we need to 'complete' 1.xx editor with great soft as PCG tools (free thanks to Michael).

Questions:

1 - will new editor add a librarian function to avoid user to delete or move patches?
2- will new editor allow total recall and 64 bits operation?
3- will new editor add a AL-1 analog kind GUI (as our friend creates again, for free)
4- most important question: will add SOME value ?
marianghioda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that Korg it's going to take in consideration the fact that with Kronos 2.0 you can have your user samples streamed and incorporate a Sample Convertor in the 2.0 Editor.
Oh, wait, that was just a dream I had the other night, this is the real world dictated by money and copyrights.
Maybe on the 2030 version of Korg editor they'll have that, and charge three quarters of your left hand and half of your right leg for it (that's with discount for those that still survived the "wait of the Kronos", for the new customers a full arm and a leg).
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rskeys wrote:
Whille you release Krome's and what not we are still waiting on the editor and not a single word...

you know i was waiting for the editor before i congratulated Dan and the staff on a great job on OS2.2. Thought i would kill two birds with one stone. Well congrats on OS2+ no doubt about it it's a great leap forward.

Now lets get on to the editor. Why would you not only release another board before you properly finish one, and then tell everybody that it will (the editor) be released at the end of August, and to date not delivered it.

You can't blame wingey whiney posters when you self destruct re anouncement dates for developments, and the silence since the end of August is deafining on the matter as well.

Dan at Korg you guys did a great job on OS 2+. But please this is rediculous. The features in the krome simple things better and more obvious features on screen, the sequencer, these things are not a luxury for the flagship but a must. I hope when ever the editor makes it here that at least those two things may have been adressed in the new editor when it arrives, god knows when. It's getting hard to believe anything that is being said or promised by Korg now, and you must understand that korg are the ones that are creating this situation, please don't shoot the messengers.
raik87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right robkeith

For me it's better to go and buy Lemur for my iPad and program some controllers myself to expand the screen or using multitouch faders. I think that kind oft software is more intuitively and inspiring than hoping for a new DX7-Style editor with Windows 98 feel. I don't need that VST thing, i had configured my keyboards since Triton times as an external instrument in Cubase, it works in the same way and my programs i can store on kronos directly.
PCG tools (for free) is a very good software to manage them and works better and safer than that confusing soundquest thing. By the way, i did never understood how this terrible Midi Quest software works, not even with my degree in engineering.

Regards
neomad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raik87 wrote:
You're right robkeith

For me it's better to go and buy Lemur for my iPad and program some controllers myself to expand the screen or using multitouch faders. I think that kind oft software is more intuitively and inspiring than hoping for a new DX7-Style editor with Windows 98 feel. I don't need that VST thing, i had configured my keyboards since Triton times as an external instrument in Cubase, it works in the same way and my programs i can store on kronos directly.
PCG tools (for free) is a very good software to manage them and works better and safer than that confusing soundquest thing. By the way, i did never understood how this terrible Midi Quest software works, not even with my degree in engineering.

Regards

Lemur is not the only software for Ipad, run a search and you'll find some others (something like midistudio or the like, I'm growing older)

But to be honest, is not the solution. A flag ship workstation (game changer) must provide a real century 21 useful editor, working properly in MAC & PC, with 64 bits + DAW full integration (BTW, Virus TI was launched in 2005 !)

Cheers
Biovac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomad wrote:

But to be honest, is not the solution. A flag ship workstation (game changer) must provide a real century 21 useful editor, working properly in MAC & PC, with 64 bits + DAW full integration (BTW, Virus TI was launched in 2005 !)

Cheers

+1.000.000.000
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: editor 2 Reply with quote

Hi every one I have just sent an email to korg requesting a release date for kronos editor 2 so it will be interesting to see if the even bother to reply Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: