Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: editor 2 Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:
Hi every one I have just sent an email to korg requesting a release date for kronos editor 2 so it will be interesting to see if the even bother to reply Wink

...or that they'd violate their internal company policy just for you to give you an answer for something they might not even know themselves?
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
But I can't get it out of my mind that both Roland and Yamaha are ahead of the game with iPad editors for their flagship synths.

But then again, they don't have to handle 9 engines Smile

You are aware that, in the case of the Yamaha Mix editor, that you are saying that an editor which edits only 4 of the over 50 parameters per channel, doesn't store data, and you have to purchase, is better than software which edits all of the KRONOS parameters, stores data, and is free.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that.
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: editor 2 Reply with quote

Comrad_Durandal wrote:
lotty1 wrote:
Hi every one I have just sent an email to korg requesting a release date for kronos editor 2 so it will be interesting to see if the even bother to reply Wink

...or that they'd violate their internal company policy just for you to give you an answer for something they might not even know themselves?

My thoughts were that people on this site seem to be concerned about the release date as I am. So the best thing to do is ask korg directly to find out what's going on Rolling Eyes
ahutnick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually wouldn't SoundQuest be the one to be contacted? I do hope for the editor to be released soon but will gladly wait for one that works. The Kronos is a deep machine so creating an editor that really works will take some doing.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundQuest wrote:
Kronik wrote:
But I can't get it out of my mind that both Roland and Yamaha are ahead of the game with iPad editors for their flagship synths.

But then again, they don't have to handle 9 engines Smile

You are aware that, in the case of the Yamaha Mix editor, that you are saying that an editor which edits only 4 of the over 50 parameters per channel, doesn't store data, and you have to purchase, is better than software which edits all of the KRONOS parameters, stores data, and is free.

I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

Don't discuss, better to keep release dates instead, SoundQuest, and do not critizise other manufacturers editors... At least these are working well and were delivered in time with up to date specs, even if not all parameters are supported... First make it better, then critizise !
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
raik87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
neomad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomad wrote:
Old soundquest editors (as midiquest) use to integrate a Librarian function. Up to date, we need to 'complete' 1.xx editor with great soft as PCG tools (free thanks to Michael).

Questions:

1 - will new editor add a librarian function to avoid user to delete or move patches?
2- will new editor allow total recall and 64 bits operation?
3- will new editor add a AL-1 analog kind GUI (as our friend creates again, for free)
4- most important question: will add SOME value ?

Soundquest, if you want to answer also these few questions that will be great.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I had no intention of criticizing the other editors. That was not my intent at all.

There are NDAs with Korg so I can't discuss unreleased product, release dates or anything along those lines.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I had no intention of criticizing the other editors. That was not my intent at all.

There are NDAs with Korg so I can't discuss unreleased product, release dates or anything along those lines (which should come as no surprise).
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundQuest wrote:

You (SoundQuest) criticized Yamaha's editor. What was your intent when posting that message?
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes,
Give the guy some slack. You want him to never come back here? Nobody knows what they had to work with. It's pretty easy to criticize. The recent posts here just show it, don't you think?

I don't like that editor either but i just don't use it, that's all. MHO.

Blink
motic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People.... you really think that all that "talking about it" will speed up the process???
Come on....!... jeeezz!

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
Dudes,
Give the guy some slack. You want him to never come back here? Nobody knows what they had to work with. It's pretty easy to criticize. The recent posts here just show it, don't you think?

I don't like that editor either but i just don't use it, that's all. MHO.

Blink

this. It's just a software editor. It's not like Soundquest and Korg are trying to punch your mom. Go have a Coke and a smile and settle down. No matter what/when is released it's inevitably going to piss somebody off. I'm not an apologist by any means, but I've large worked IT projects for years (I'm sure some of those have had waaay bigger budgets than what is there for this editor) and have seen much bigger delays and feature retractions than this. I'm sure there have been some missteps along the way, but it's this stuff isn't magic. People make posts on here insinuating that these companies have delays and release software with missing features/bugs on purpose. Do you actually live in the real world? Why would a company do that? The Kronos is perfectly usable inside a DAW now (I and many others use it just fine) and a whole lot of users are somehow able to build/edit thousands of sounds by using the Kronos UI itself (and the editor as it is).
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr SoundQuest is right re Yamaha's editors. Everybody knows that if you want the best editors/librarians for your Motif, you need to buy John Melas's products.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
JFree

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't buy something on speculation of what it may or may not someday be able to do. It has to fulfill my needs out of the box, which this keyboard does. Sure, a great editor would be cool. I do wish they wouldn't put dates out there if they're not solid, but things change, problems arise, etc. People here are doing brilliant programming work without it. Let's all make music and when it comes, it comes. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: