Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Sequencer do you use.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Sequencer do you use.
KORG built in Sequencer.
40%
 40%  [ 44 ]
Other
59%
 59%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 108

QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Cubase to create the songs, then if i want them in the Kronos i export them to midi format and audiotracks and import them in the Kronos.

This works really fast for me, i have the advantage of the many features Computer DAW's have and the endresult is stored in the Kronos sequencer so that during the performance of a song i don't need the computer.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
What most of you donīt get is the fact that this Kronos is a software driven computer and no hardware keyboard! Itīs internal sequencer is a software sequencer.

Itīs not mostly hardwired like my JX-305 internal drum machine sequencer and arpeggiator. Itīs not like a QY-100 or RS7000. Itīs much easier to update and the screen would have been the best computer monitor in town some years ago. This Kronos is a computer not a keyboard. So why should I use two simultaniously? Do you drive your car from the seat of another car at home?

We should not accept to be ripped of.

I agree, you should expect a sequencer at least as good as the M3.

But at the same time, unless korg is going to sell a pc/mac software sequencer that they include in their workstations, it makes very very very little sense for them to invest vast resources in constantly updating their sequencers when a lot of users are going to have their Kronos as part of their home or pro studio setup with access to vastly superior ones.

Something like Cubase costs more than the new 61 key krome. People buy Cubase etc to use as a major part of their home/pro studios.

Some people will buy a workstation intending to use it as a stand alone studio intending to make heavy use of the sequencer, but I suspect most buy the workstation for many reasons, the sequencer being a small part (else people would have brought the m3 instead).

When it comes to very high priced instruments, the chances are most people that payout that sort of money will be heavily into their hobby or own a pro studio hence already use things like software daws etc.

Not excusing korg for not giving kronos users what m3 owners have, just saying that a hardware keyboard company is never going to bring out sequencers that compete with software companies.
walerandei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an Akai mpc2500se. In my opinion, the best workflow in a hardware sequencer.
Really like the Kronos's sequencer but I've got a lot of extra gear in my setup (Polar Virus, Rolo Jv2080ex, Supernova, Motif XF, etc), and the mpc2500 is perfect to manage all my machines under a unique sequencer, with the add of sampling. Very Happy

But, I still use the Kronos's seq to make record ideas on the fly and so. Cool
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Kronos sequencer and then after Soundforge with plug-ins for the mastering. Still, I hope more functions within the Kronos sequencer in the near future Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
afr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the time of Korg 01/W and then TRINITY, m3 and Kronos today,I've been always used Internal sequencer
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for more options on the Poll

I'm trying to use the Kronos Sequencer as my primary live sequencer on stage. It's fast, versatile, and plays well with other MIDI equipment (sync, start/stop, etc...). But I still find myself using Ableton Live for certain situations and songs. Pro Tools 10.2 in the personal studio.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
ksi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What most of you donīt get. Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
What most of you donīt get is the fact that this Kronos is a software driven computer and no hardware keyboard! Itīs internal sequencer is a software sequencer.

Itīs not mostly hardwired like my JX-305 internal drum machine sequencer and arpeggiator. Itīs not like a QY-100 or RS7000. Itīs much easier to update and the screen would have been the best computer monitor in town some years ago. This Kronos is a computer not a keyboard. So why should I use two simultaniously? Do you drive your car from the seat of another car at home?

+1
b uhler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to use the hardware sequencer all the time. Its just to limited and the workflow is to slow. If they could make it work closer to a software sequencer by utilizing a software interface that would be awesome!
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a 50:50.
Now thatīs decisive.

At least Korg can make the half of us happy. The others are already.
That would be 100% then. Go for it Korg!
|'|'||'|'|'||'|'| / Physis Piano H1 / Roland Fantom G6 + ARX-01 & 02 / M3 61 & EXB-Radias & 256 MB / Arturia vCollection 3 / KLC / Minimonsta / Kawai K5000 S + R / Moog Little Phatty Stage II / Novation Ultranova / Roland JX-305 / TE OP-1 / iPad & microKey 25 & iODock. / Yamaha Rm1x & QY100 / Logic 9 & Mainstage |'|'||'|'|'||'|'|
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use both, but for different reasons. I use the built-in sequencer to "mess around", but I always use Cakewalk Sonar for my "real" projects.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:
Saxifraga wrote:

But at the same time, unless korg is going to sell a pc/mac software sequencer that they include in their workstations, it makes very very very little sense for them to invest vast resources in constantly updating their sequencers when a lot of users are going to have their Kronos as part of their home or pro studio setup with access to vastly superior ones.

Something like Cubase costs more than the new 61 key krome. People buy Cubase etc to use as a major part of their home/pro studios.

Some people will buy a workstation intending to use it as a stand alone studio intending to make heavy use of the sequencer, but I suspect most buy the workstation for many reasons, the sequencer being a small part (else people would have brought the m3 instead).

When it comes to very high priced instruments, the chances are most people that payout that sort of money will be heavily into their hobby or own a pro studio hence already use things like software daws etc.

Not excusing korg for not giving kronos users what m3 owners have, just saying that a hardware keyboard company is never going to bring out sequencers that compete with software companies.

I agree with this. Companies in this type of business cannot realistically produce a product that is ' all things for all people '. The companies do not have unlimited resources and all the time in the world to do so.

While some people are unhappy with the sequencer, that has not stopped them from buying a Kronos. Obviously they should have understood the limitations before putting their $ on it. Obvious to me, Korg goes by the volume of customers that buy a product like the Kronos, vs a volume of people who complain on the Internet.

If it was simple to write the code for an advanced sequencer, than some ambitious individual on this forum should approach Korg with a contract offer to write the code. Its an obvious business opportunity for that person who claims its just additional software enhancement.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't want the M3 sequencer. I'd be happy if KORG simply implemented existing options to all functions.

Example 1.
On the main sequencer page you can Shift Notes up or down semi tones. Yet this function does not exist at all on the pattern mode page.

Example 2.
Say you have a midi file and you want to remove CC 07, CC11 and CC91 from all 16 tracks. The “Erase Control Data” option does not have an all tracks tick box, yet all the other options do. Because of this, a 3 step operation for me now becomes a 48 step operation.

Regards
Sharp.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Digital Performer. On the keyboards are generally use the Fantom G Sequencer. On the "Just for Fun" catergories I use the sequencers on the Tenori-on and the OP1.

Other than that, I record everything directly to harddisk.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
vinylwizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a sequentix cirklon hardware sequencer. Fantastic fun and tremendous sequencing power!
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is a trick question! lol.
Many times I'll sketch something out in the Kronos sequencer, and then I'll just drop over the files to Logic to flesh them out.

I feel that the Kronos sequencer is a bit on the klunky side. Just for basic stuff it's ok, but I wouldn't try to do anything complicated on it.
I haven't used the M3 sequencer, but it sure does look like it would make life a bit easier if I wanted to work on the Kronos alone.

But then I think back to all the amazing stuff I used to do on the M1 sequencer, and I think to myself, have I just gotten spoiled?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: