Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bank select from DAW - MSB, LSB, etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Bank select from DAW - MSB, LSB, etc Reply with quote

Hey all, in the absence of the editor I've been trying to get my DAW to send bank select messages to the Kronos. But I can't seem to find anywhere what they are. In the parameter guide there is a table but they seem to be hex values (?!?) and I can't seem to make sense of which MSB/LSB/PC values to send to get what I want. Is there a table somewhere that simply shows which bank needs which values?

I'm assuming Korg mapping of course.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bank select from DAW - MSB, LSB, etc Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Hey all, in the absence of the editor I've been trying to get my DAW to send bank select messages to the Kronos. But I can't seem to find anywhere what they are. In the parameter guide there is a table but they seem to be hex values (?!?) and I can't seem to make sense of which MSB/LSB/PC values to send to get what I want. Is there a table somewhere that simply shows which bank needs which values?

I'm assuming Korg mapping of course.

See the table under Global P0: Basic Setup -> 0–1: Basic Setup -> 0–1d: System Preference -> Bank Map. It's decimal, not hex.

Hope this helps,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
watermelon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,give a try with midiox,it's free and has many tools about that,it can
display all what the kronos send out,e,g:when you press any button or
turn or move anything,you will see if it is a CC,a sysex,a program change...
and so on. Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Thanks, but which table do you mean? When I press help on the Kronos in that screen, and then go to system preferences, I do get a mention of bank maps and an explanation of setting it to Korg vs GM(2), but no table with values to use.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks, but which table do you mean? When I press help on the Kronos in that screen, and then go to system preferences, I do get a mention of bank maps and an explanation of setting it to Korg vs GM(2), but no table with values to use.

The table is in the Parameter Guide PDF, under Global P0: Basic Setup -> 0–1: Basic Setup -> 0–1d: System Preference -> Bank Map.

With the current help system, there isn't a good way to translate complex tables, so some of these are in the pdf versions only. You had mentioned the Parameter Guide, so I had thought that you were looking in the PDF; sorry for the confusion!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: