Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg krome 88 keybed complaints
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: korg krome 88 keybed complaints Reply with quote

Ive seen a few complaints about the 88 keybed in another forum has anyone on this site tried the 88 version... mine is on order:(
Low Class

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played one and pretty much agree with everything you've probably read. I was ready to buy one til I played it.
R Brenon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked one out in G.C. and their pretty bad. I saw Scratching or gouges in between all the keys like they were rubbing against something. I'm sorry but the key action is terrible. Korg has to design a new keybed or I'm completely out of buying any more of their products. Too bad really. They have the best sounds and features but the WORST build quality.
djcactus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive checked this forum pretty regularly to see if any complaint about keybeds would come up.

This is actually the first thread dedicated to the topic ive seen here on the forum
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any complaints like the post above yours about the keybed build quality.

I have read a fair few on pianoworld saying they think the action on the 88 is awful for piano playing.
comico

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've a Krome 88 now for several weeks.

I really love the sounds (really really great !) and the user interface (really really good !)

Now concerning the keybed. It's a bit too weighted (compared with my real yamaha piano) so it's a bit tiring to play on it. But that's not my main concern...

What make me sad just now is the key noise (it was not like that at the very beginning), specially the central black keys for now.

With a headphone no problem I don't hear this noise but...

I don't know what I can do right now, I did not read other complain like mine till now. The noise is not high but for me it's really painful.

Overall I'm very happy with my krome except this point.

Côme (from France so sorry for my poor english)
Guinness1968

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo,

Received 88 version at the weekend.

Hated it at first. Mainly because due to its complexity compared to the two boards I had previously, RD700GX and S90XS.
However, started to get in to it and realise that the apparent complexity was simply just a familiarisation issue. Just a different way of doing things great sounds overall. If I was to be really critical, guitar sounds not as good as Yamaha and miss te zone sliders. That said have found a work around on the Krome so all is well.
Action is different to RD and S90 but wouldn't say it was bad by any means. Not quite as much travel on the keys but still really easy to play.
Looking forward to delving in deeper and finding out what else is possible with the Krome.
morty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: I too now have the Krome 88 Reply with quote

Ive found no problem with the action like reported on other threads... and I am a pianist! I like the heavier touch and can do fast repetitions on one key which is better than some other keybeds.I found this keyboard easier to figure out without the manual compared to my Kurzweil PC3 ,it took my awhile to figure that one out.My favorite thing is the weight, Its nice to carry an 88 key keyboard and not hurt your back in the process like my PC3. The only flaw so far is the volume issue w/distortion. When I play live I use TRS cables to the DI Box no problem so far.I notice it more in my headphones
Ive tried to report this to Korg on this forum no response as of yet.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R Brenon wrote:
Just checked one out in G.C. and their pretty bad. I saw Scratching or gouges in between all the keys like they were rubbing against something. I'm sorry but the key action is terrible. Korg has to design a new keybed or I'm completely out of buying any more of their products. Too bad really. They have the best sounds and features but the WORST build quality.

Very bad news then. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
R Brenon wrote:

Very bad news then. Crying or Very sad
Do keep in mind you are making your ASSUMPTION on a keyboard from a large showroom from someone with only five posts. Speaking of VERY BAD . Wink
cjj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I just got one a week ago, and I've got to say, I think it's pretty good. Not quite like a real piano, definitely not like a traditional synth/organ, but not bad at all.

Of course, I'll mention that it's been a while since I've had any keyboards to play. I used to have a Korg Lambda, a Roland JX-3P and a Prophet T8, but sold them 10 or 12 years ago. Just getting back into the music thing after too long a hiatus. So far, I'm quite impressed with the Krome 88.

But of course, I've only got 1 post so far, so my opinion is probably quite suspect...
Rolling Eyes
SpecialFX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to go for a 88 but now am thinking of 76 after hearing of these issues. Do you get less tired on non weighted keys? Do you lose some control?
FatFingers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy so far with my 88. I've been playing an acoustic for years and wanted a Krome with a smaller keyboard for easier transport, but decided to go with weighted keys instead. The action isn't exactly the same as it is on my acoustic, but then again none of the others were either -- all seem a bit different.

I've heard comments from some folks that the non-weighted keys are less tiring, but the weighted keys will keep your muscle tone up.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am looking at ordering a 73 key KROME in January. If anyone has comments on the keybed or any performance issues, it would be appreciated. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year ! GNB
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjj wrote:
I dunno, I just got one a week ago, and I've got to say, I think it's pretty good. Not quite like a real piano, definitely not like a traditional synth/organ, but not bad at all.

Of course, I'll mention that it's been a while since I've had any keyboards to play. I used to have a Korg Lambda, a Roland JX-3P and a Prophet T8, but sold them 10 or 12 years ago. Just getting back into the music thing after too long a hiatus. So far, I'm quite impressed with the Krome 88.

But of course, I've only got 1 post so far, so my opinion is probably quite suspect...
Rolling Eyes
We'll just have to take your word for it. Wink I would be more suspect of a showroom model however as they are known to take quite a lot of abuse .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: