Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is ANYONE using a KORG X50 successfully with Win7 or Win8??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theconnyb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Is ANYONE using a KORG X50 successfully with Win7 or Win8?? Reply with quote

Is ANYONE AT ALL using a KORG X50 and the KORG X50 Editor Software successfully in Win7 or Win8??

In my case it is now working at all. I install the latest Korg USB Midi Driver, and then the KORG X50 Editor Software (which I need to Control the X50 in Reaper etc).
After I install the X50 Editor Software and attempt to open it, I get the message "The KORG USB Midi Driver is NOT installed. We recommend you install it." - and the X50 will not function.

I have now tried on both Win7 and Win8. Same thing.
Is it working for anyone at all? Or do I need to install WinXP??
IslandHopper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have windows 7 and Korg X-50 works great with it. I see your post is old but maybe it will help anybody wondering.
gexgecko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Windows 8.1 and it is working great with my microX and the editor software.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is likely due to the Korg USB-midi driver not finding any open midi ports between 0-9 and installing it in 10 or higher.

Run the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI Device" program from the Korg USB-midi driver tools folder. It will show what listied in midi0-midi9. Hit the "Option..." button and uncheck the "Delete KORG midi device only" checkbox then hit the OK button to go back to the list. Now you can remove any midi drivers that you don't need from the list by checking them and hitting the next button.

Now you run the "Install KORG USB-MIDI Device" program to install the X50/MicroX. Run the Uninstall App again to see the list to know which midi port it's using. Run the "Configure KORG USB-MIDI Device" to ensure that the driver sees the X50/MicroX as a device. Now the editor librarian software should be able to see those midi ports.
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x50 editor cant detect any midi ports. and usb driver doesnt work
jcg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vadim,

Please take a closer look to the last post on this topic, because I suspect you will find the solution to your problem there.

I had exactly the same problem with my MicroX and Windows 7: I correctly installed the drivers, but the midi port did not appear anywhere (eg Cubase, or MicroX editor). It turned out to be a problem at Windows level: I had no midi slot available between position 0 and 9.

So, as described before, you have to:
1. Run the korg uninstall tool and:
A) uninstall any X50/MicroX drivers you have installed already
B) make sure you have at least one slot available between positions 0 and 9 (remove any other non-korg driver that you don't need anymore)
2. run the korg install tool and install the driver again as described in the installation documentation.

Regards,
Jcg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: