Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reversing expression pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLABLABLA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: reversing expression pedal Reply with quote

Hello,
I use my ev-5 expression pedal to control the master volume.
Is there a way to reverse it? meaning that when I'll press it down it will lower the volume instead of increasing it
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can set it up (reverse volume polarity) globally, but you can do it in IFX.

One way would be to assign vol/exp pedal as an AMS control with a value of 100% for EQ. EQ should have all sliders fully to the left (effectively cutting volume to zero) @ 0%/Dry so that initially this EQ does nothing and the patch sounds at normal volume.

When the pedal comes on full (100% positive control motion) then the EQ goes toward the "wet"/silent EQ setting and it should be as pedal were cutting off volume.

This trick works within a program or combi - you just need to figure out how to route it to mute multiple sources if you want to do that, and to make sure that the pedal is not inadvertently controlling other effects that have been set up to receive and use this controller. In combi mode you should be able to use MIDI filter to disable any unwanted control by the pedal.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
BLABLABLA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: