Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get MUSIKANT for Pa600 and using the Micro SD Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: How to get MUSIKANT for Pa600 and using the Micro SD Card Reply with quote

I can add some info about this. The fact is that you can get most Styles, Pads and Songbook files without paying or even use the Micro SD Card port.

When buying the MUSIKANT set all buyers need to download it and then store it on a Micro SD card. That download can be downloaded here: http://www.korg.de/fileadmin/_korg/_produkte/keyboards/kr_pa600/MUSIKANT_Software/KORG_Pa600_MUSIKANT_Erweiterung.zip

There are problems about reading exactly what's needed for this Micro SD card, if you can use any card or if it has to be the Korg card. I found this card it Italy and when checking the price and the information about it, it seems to be just a empty 2 Gb Micro SD card named Korg and the price also indicates it (15 Euro). This card can be seen here: http://www.ekomusicgroup.com/viewdoc.asp?co_id=84813

I have downloaded the files and saved it on a normal Micro SD card and then followed the instructions (written in German) for installing it. I did ran into some problems but I don't think it's about needing a dongle, instead I think Korg has used some special kombinations of buttons witch needs to be pressed to install it all.

The process is that you should start with putting the Musikant file on your USB memory and make a "Full Recovery" installation, but be sure to make a "Full Backup" first. After that you need to turn it off and then when it starts over it wants to read the SD card (even if you don't have anything in that port). It says that it found some "copy protected files" and it should be installed "according to the supplied instructions". It's here I think you need to do it in some speciell way like pressing X and Y buttons, to get it working and installing it. At this moment I have to press "Cancel" and it "ignores thoses files" and starts up just loading the Factory Settings.

But still, when it starts up in the "Normal" mode I DO have a great number of German Styles, and the Pads that are installed with those styles. And my Somgbook is also full with new stuff. In the Fav/User section of Styles, Favorite 1-10 are filled with new stuff. All the Factory setting seems to be the same, but just remember doing that "Full Backup" first and then you can always return to your orginal backup, and try this out yourself without any harm done...

Regards
Jacob
NoteBender

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Jacob. You are making progress at getting the Pa600 Musikant.
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, It's always nice when you get appreciated. At this moment I'm using my Pa600 as before with the only diffrence that I have to press "Cancel" when starting it. If I want to get it all back I have a backup done and can do a full recovery using that file. I don't se the harm in trying and see what can be used...
compusic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid you misunderstood the accompanying manual.

By using the Google traslation service, we can get the way to use the Musikant software. Though some words are missed, we can still get the meaning.

"To install the PA600:
- Unzip and copy the backup file (Pa600_MUSIKANT.BKP)
a USB stick.
- Now insert the USB stick into the USB port on the back
Your PA600."

Well, it's clear that the file should be copied to a usb stick, not the micro sd card.

"Congratulations! Now all PA600 MUSIKANT data is in
Instrument and just have separately delivered with the micro SD card
to be authorized. The micro SD card is used as a license key for that
Software and can be purchased from music stores. As these micro
Install SD card in the instrument, refer to the accompanying description.
The data of the PA600 MUSIKANT enhancement software (styles, sounds, PCM data
etc.) have a copy in order to avoid abuse. the
PA600 MUSIKANT enhancement software can only be aware of the micro SD card
use. It is not installed, the display shows an error message that you
then prove that the extension software can not be used."

It's very clear that the card is a hardware dongle.
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This maybe has to do with my rather poor skills in English language when it comes to writing, that you have not understod me. Yes the file should be placed on the USB card and from there make a Full Recovery. After that when starting it over you are absolutly right that the extension software can not be used.

What I DO say is that some of the stuff still will be there when staring up the Pa600, not the "extension software" and I'm not sure what ells, but in the end you still get some of it working...
hotkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try:
1. store original as a set (to load individual styles later)
2. load PA3x International styles (available on net...) in Factory positions, enable in General
3. load styles of PA600 that are different, also on Factory positions
4. load PA3x Musikant on Favorite and User positions, clear redundant styles (on net)
5. load and adjust sime I3 and I30 styles
6. Some Technics styles are also great

I recommend also Real Drums from DVD, PA600 becomes real Pop or Rock Band, stil possibly to play James Last as with other brands Laughing

No need for SD Card!

Regards,
KJandKT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get the Real Drums for the Pa-600?

THanks and God bless
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have it on the DVD in the Style BonusWare...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: