Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg to release new poly Analog 3 osc synth at NAMM?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics...

[KingKorg ~ Top]
[KingKorg ~ Layout]
[KingKorg ~ Oscillator]
[KingKorg ~ Filter]
[KingKorg ~ Amp]
[KingKorg ~ Tube]
[KingKorg ~ FX]
dafad_dew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with a random guess based on the king korg info, here's the link to the ms-20 pages Smile

http://www.korg.de/produkte/synthesizer/ms20mini-produktinfo/ms20mini-produktinfo-1.html

Dafad.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance of XMT my heart said, "I knew VA!!"

Then I read the specs and it just sounds like a synth engine dedicated to modeling classic sounds. Non-pregressive thinking... Wish they would just bounce AL-1 down into a hardware unit...
Judging by the specs it looks like the MMT engine will still mop the floor with XMT.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specs on the King Korg look good...and hope it sounds as good as the specs suggest.

As far as inspiring goes.....The look and colour scheme of the thing is a little well...erm Rolling Eyes

However,I felt the SV-1 was ugly to look at until I saw one in the flesh..I'm sure it will grow on me if its as joyful to use like the interface kind of suggests.

Anybody got any idea of the Price bracket??
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS-20 pics...

[MS-20 ~ Full photo]
[MS-20 ~ Front panel detail]
[MS-20 ~ Filter]
[MS-20 ~ External input processing]
[MS-20 ~ Patchbay]
[MS-20 ~ USB MIDI]

[Specifications in English]
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting keyboard the KingKorg.

It's essentially a companion to the SV-1 for keyboard players.

XMT - sounds very promising. Since the MS20EX sounds STUNNING and that's component modeling, and this is an extension of that, it will, no doubt, sound a cut above your average VA. I expect this to sound exquisite. The extra oscillator options make it sound a bit like an AN1x (in terms of oscillator flexibility). That coupled to the emulations of vintage filters and then the real valve technology will surely deliver a very strong sounding synthesizer. The MicroKorg is a VA and has a serious reputation so this can only match and surely surpass that if it sounds strong (and I would have called it the MacroKorg)

I also think the control panel is beautifully laid out for a player - effects easily manipulatable on the left hand side and an extremely straight forward synthesizer editing surface on the right - they could not have done it better.

The - CV outs - so it can connect to and control the plethora of emerging analog snths with CV inputs - including modulars that need a keyboard controller with CV and Trigger - ingenious! This will surely appeal to a wide user base from keyboard players wanting a deep sounding synth with no fuss editing all the way to analog / modular users.

My only quibble - yet again - no aftertouch (at least it appears that way). I'm sure Korg have done their market survey and found leaving aftertouch out was cost effective, but IMO it's the weak link if this is to be a true performance synthesizer.

I have to say I like the look of it a lot - it looks classy and it may really catch on. Overall, a very intriguing release by Korg.

Kevin.

PS - Korg and Roland merge in their thinking - the VR-09 looks at first like a superficial instrument - but with modeled organ, supernatural pianos and the same VA Synth as in the Jupiter 80 (including the editing iPad app) it too looks like a capable performance synth. It looks like these two synths are for similar types of player / user - and nice to to see both of them thinking about uncluttered access and performance control as important (I own a Jupiter 80 and as good as it sounds, it's a bloody nightmare to handle in terms of editing and performance, even though its a performance instrument).
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
MS-20 pics...

[MS-20 ~ Full photo]
[MS-20 ~ Front panel detail]
[MS-20 ~ Filter]
[MS-20 ~ External input processing]
[MS-20 ~ Patchbay]
[MS-20 ~ USB MIDI]

[Specifications in English]

i was hoping for usb bus powered, not a big fan of wallies but i think i can deal with it this time.
xp50player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the right end looks a bit Little Phatty, can't go wrong with that. I could see how this would be a good add-on for Krome users and everyone else but Kronos and Oasys, really. I hope it sounds good. Kudos on the 5-octave keyboard and 24 note polyphony. I would like to know if the organ sounds are passable.
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos, Krome -> King Korg?
I will believe it when I see it in the flesh.
It seems logical to have a product in the VA department since the Radias is no more. But who came up with that name? They should have named it Kratos. Wink

miniMS20?
That I can believe. One more toy synth.
Sometimes I like toys. But will it make noise like monotron, duotron and delay? (Signal to noise distance is really bad on those things.)
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
miniMS20?
Sometimes I like toys. But will it make noise like monotron, duotron and delay? (Signal to noise distance is really bad on those things.)

It won't. The people who worked on original MS-20 worked on the miniMS-20 as well, and they took care that the reissue sounds as close as a Rev. 1 did fresh out of the box. Definitely not a toy synth.
Johnny Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingKorg = SV-1 of Korg synths?
Also, that MS-20 looks interesting!

Thursday cannot come any sooner! Twisted Evil

Software: Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition, Pro Tools 10
javaj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links are dead now. Pics still work for now.
Roland just did a big slap to their forehead.
xp50player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the name King Korg is no wierder than MaxiKorg or MiniKorg, which I owned but did not fully appreciate at the time. Don't tell me about goofy controls until you try one of those...
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Timo for the pics and gjtvi for the article. And thanks javaj for the specs.

Actually, I like the whole design - the concept and the look - very much on pictures. Yes, the whole board is like the "SV-1 among synths". I hope the touch and the sound, of course, will be nice.

I guess the categories buttons will be used to recall the 8 favorites (when the Favorites button is lit). I also think the A/B modes at PRE FX, MOD FX, REV/DELAY could be switched by pushing the knobs.

The logo is beautiful and I don't have that big problem with the name. Everybody will remember it easily. The article above explains: this is "the King in the jungle of synthesizers". OK, let's hear it.
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Saxifraga wrote:
miniMS20?

It won't. The people who worked on original MS-20 worked on the miniMS-20 as well, and they took care that the reissue sounds as close as a Rev. 1 did fresh out of the box. Definitely not a toy synth.

I pointed out in another thread that the cv out on the king korg is an 1/8th jack. Same with the mini-20, you might not like the signal to noise on your monotrons but if you have collected a couple(just the delay for me) they will add greatly to your future patch bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: