Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating patches with the MS-20 synth...knobs & sliders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Creating patches with the MS-20 synth...knobs & sliders Reply with quote

I have just started to get interested in creating new patches with the MS-20 synth in my Oasys, and I have read up about subtractive synthesis - now I want to put the theory into practice !!

The issue that I have is that I would really prefer to be twiddling actual knobs for this, rather than touching the screen, and then incrementing or decrementing, or using the number pad or the wheel...

I notice that just a few ( 4, I think) of the MS-20 "knobs" on screen ARE connected to the physical knobs on the Oasys - is there any way to assign all of the 8 knobs and the 8 sliders to the MS-20 ? It would be MUCH easier to create patches that way, I think...

Thanks very much,
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating patches with the MS-20 synth...knobs & slid Reply with quote

pilbeam_mp62 wrote:
I notice that just a few ( 4, I think) of the MS-20 "knobs" on screen ARE connected to the physical knobs on the Oasys

Those first 4 knobs are in KARMA mode. Press the TONE ADJUST button and all knobs sliders are already assigned. The 8 knobs control parameters on the OSC & FILTER tab screen, while the sliders control ADSR parameters on the MG, EG, & MOD tab screen. The switches also have functions, which are viewable on screen, when you press the CONTROL SURFACE tab.

SAVE the program while in TONE ADJUST mode and it will stay there (instead of KARMA mode), just like with the Organ programs. Even better, all these knobs/sliders are assignable and their movements can be recorded into the sequencer, for realtime tweaking/recording.
pilbeam_mp62

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mike - I am going to try that - I appreciate your reply - I have been watching (again) your DVD that I bought a few years ago to remind me of a few things, as I haven't used my Oasys for a little while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: