Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding good headphones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Finding good headphones Reply with quote

Quality costs, we all know that and finding expencive headphones is easy. What I need is someyhing cheap, or ay least not expencive, and good enought for playing my keayboard (Pa600) and making music.

Can I please have some headphones to pick from, that you have and are good enought without beeing a pro model with the price they have...?

Regards
Jacob
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Sony MDR-7510 for use as a spare and was surprised how good they sounded. $129.00 at Sweetwater.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with cheap ones is that they're consistently going to be cheap sounding, or not consistent at all (in which case you might be lucky getting something awesome for some small money - but cannot be sure that the second pair will perform like the first).

An example (in my experience) to this latter is the T-Bone HD-880 (sold by Thomann.de), where I've bought a first pair, but had to return, because it rattled quite badly. The second pair I got became one of the best EUR25 ever spent, so a few months ago I've ordered another three (sort of counting on having problems) and indeed, two out of the two have some problems - and not two of the current 4 headphones sound quite the same. So, for EUR 25 you might or might not get a good headphone. If you buy three or four, you're likely to get at least one that will be great - but then you have already spent EUR 75-100, so you could as well go for a solid studio performer, like the Sony MDR-7510 recommended by Bald Eagle and be done with it.

I'd definitely suggest not to go below the EUR 80-100 limit, look for known good performers (AKG, Beyerdynamics, Sony) and you'll probably not go wrong. Remember that headphones generally need about 100-150 hours of 'running-in' (playing music at a healthy level), before delivering the best performance.

Perhaps your best bet is to visit a shop where they have many models on display and try to see which one you like. Headphones are a very personal thing...
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks för your advice! I ended up in a store without have the item they should have but did have. So I bought "Shure SRH249A" for 40 Euro and it works for my needs...
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKG headphones are good quality, although are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: