Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Microsampler with a midi pedal to loop samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eoinmacnamara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Using Microsampler with a midi pedal to loop samples Reply with quote

Im new on the forums . What Im trying to do with the microsampler is to attach a midi pedal and use this to trigger samples while I play guitar. The problem arises when you consider that the microsampler is keyboard based so in order to trigger samples I have to use 'keyboard mode' on my roland fc200 pedal. This sends note on data when the pedal is pressed and note off when released. This leaves me in a situation where I look like an idiot stepping on three pedals at once and keeping my foot on them while performing. I know next to nothing about sysex however Ive seen a chart on here which appears to map some sysex data but Not from what I can tell 'note on or off' . I guess the problem lies with the way pedals in 'keyboard mode' work in a 'non latching ' way. I'm Stumped. Im surprised more people havent been trying to do this but after a lot of research Ive come up with nothing. I would consider buying a different pedal if I thought it would work for me.
bobbyquine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Im new here too trying to find out some stuff.
I dont have one but from what i can see you can change the pattern being played via sysex.
So you'd programme your loops or whatever into patterns, maybe some blank ones as well, and switch between them.

You'd need something to do the midi translation in between footswitch and MS, so if you have ipad or iphone i can highly recommend mididesigner pro, if not theres a hardware solution i just came across... a bit pricey though.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the decay and release times for your samples to 127, these are the default settings applied for one shot recording, the sample will play out to the end then stop.

If you want them to loop over the best thing to do is sequence them as bobby suggests, then if your midi pedal can send CC#, you can change patterns with that.

Quote:
You can just send CC# messages to accomplish all of the NRPN functions such as record and pattern change.
All can be done with the FCB1010.

Look at the table on page 46 of the microsampler manual under 'About MIDI messages' point 5. NRPN messages

First send over CC#99 with a value of 32 (this only needs to de done once when you power the sampler up and is the MSB value in the table).

Program the FCB1010 pedals to send out CC#98 with a value corresponding to the LSB column on the table (you want the value which is NOT in brackets), this will specify which function will operate when CC#6 is received (the value of #6 corresponds to the last column on the table)

You can transmit two CC# per FCB1010 pedal, so with #98 on slot one and #6 on slot two you 'should' be able to switch functions without having to send #98 and #6 separately.

For example if I wanted to press the record button using the pedal I would send:
CC#99 = 032
CC#98 = 002

then every time the microsampler receives CC#6 = 127 the record button will operate.

If I then wanted to switch to patterns:
CC#98 = 001
Then CC#6 will change patterns depending on what value of CC#6 is received (see the table).

Hope this helps...
(Just make sure the footcontroller is sending MIDI data to the microsampler's global MIDI channel.)

If you send CC#99 with a value of 32, then CC#98 with a value of 1, this sets the sampler up to change patterns every time it receives CC#6 (value determines the pattern, see page 46 in the manual)
padKONTROL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: