Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have a little free time, I need a little help.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: If you have a little free time, I need a little help. Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I know this is not “latest news” but I need a little help quickly before I make a presentation Friday. I'll move this thread to the off topic section tomorrow after a nice few people have seen this.

If you have a few minutes, could you please download THIS and let me know if it runs on your PC and functions well.

189MB EXE File.

It's a self contained exe, it will not install anything on your PC. When you run it you will see a window 1024X768 open with some text and a link to a IMAGE.

When you click on the link, a image should load and you should be able to interact with it. The image is the same kind of mega billions of pixel images I have on my website, but this is the first time I've compiled one into a self contained program.

I need to know does it work for you, and does it respond well to your interactions. If you have a good graphics card, try pressing the button on the bottom right of the image to go full screen.

It's important to me I get some feedback quickly so on Thursday night I can compile a demonstration exe with a lot more content for my presentation on Friday. Between now and then I need to work the kinks out.

I'm trying to get the tourist board here in Ireland to consider marketing a DVD of locations in my country at resolutions in the billions of pixels. We can pretty up everything later. Right now it's all about function.

Regards
James.
Grapite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp,
Works great, from the opening sounds, to all of the controls, nice job!
Regards
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check it out when I get home. My work PC wont let me install it.

Rolling Eyes

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it on an older PC I have laying around to give an idea of how it works on older PC's. Core 2 DUO E8500 w/4GB, ATI Radeon HD2600 graphics card running Vista. It works fine and is very responsive. It's even OK in full screen mode.

There is a short audio clip that plays fine when I start it up but no audio after that. I don't know if there is supposed to be.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desktop Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz, 8GB RAM, MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB

Works fine without a hassle, when I scroll around the image is blurry until I let go of the mouse button, then it loads almost instantly (can see it change but there isn't a real wait). Also had audio on boot and nothing afterwards.

Laptop Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6900M 2GB

Works fine but after initial boot made me install something called "insite fileviewer" or something, I had to give administrator privileges and after I did it seemed to do an Adobe Flash Player update/upgrade? Couldn't tell if it had to download or was installed from your file. Worked fine afterwards, slightly longer wait after the blurry bits.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a an AMD HD 7700 graphics card and this works great for me. I was able to use full screen mode and zoom right in and the picture quality was still excellent. I could clearly make out each person on the ships.
It's a great picture.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked fine for me full screen. 4GB Nvidia GTX 670

I did notice one odd thing, to the right of the navy ship, there's a white van with "Waterford Harley-Davidson" on it.

Underneath that there's a few people that appear cut in half, just their top halves showing, woman in yellow and a few people near her.

Just to the left of them, (right of the navy ship) there's another similar thing with just some legs showing.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPU: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 3.4GHz Quad,
MoBo: ASUS P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0,
GFX: MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5,
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB 1600 (PC3 12800),

Worked like a charm in full screen. Load time was not even 2 seconds.

Last edited by BasariStudios on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great on my computer, everything's responsive, all the buttons work as expected, and fullscreen too.

Vista 64-bit
Q9450 (2.67GHz quad)
4GB ram
512mb GeForce 8800GT video card @ 1680x1050 resolution

One very minor suggestion might be to make it so that in fullscreen mode you can't zoom out further than the size of the image content itself, so that you don't end up with huge white borders if you zoom out too far.

But this is minor. It looks and works great, it's an amazing picture.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works good here. Took over 2 minutes to load exe but it all functioned well after loading.

HP laptop
Window vista 64

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i run it on Mac?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much everyone. This means a lot to me that you took the time to try this. A great mix of comments there, and your all using a wide range of PC's.

Super fantastic... I'm very happy.

Hi nitecrawler.

Quote:
Took over 2 minutes to load exe but it all functioned well after loading.

That’s very interesting because it should not take more than 10 seconds. The exe file is supposed to be run off your hard disk, so sorry to ask a silly question but does that 2 minutes include how long it took to download the exe off the server and launch it, or is that 2 minutes to launch it off your hard disk.

If it's 2 minutes to launch off your hard disk, can you please tell me what Anti Virus software your using. I have a feeling your virus software might trying to scan the internal database of the exe. There's over 16,000 images inside the exe.

Hi Timo.

Quote:
One very minor suggestion might be to make it so that in fullscreen mode you can't zoom out further than the size of the image content itself, so that you don't end up with huge white borders if you zoom out too far.

Thanks for the feedback.
It's is a necessary evil in order to be able to zoom to a point where you can see the entire image, but your dead right about the white. It does come across as huge and white.

I've just run a test and inverted the white to black. … WOW... Much better. It looks far less jarring on the eyes. This will certainly be implemented as a permanent change.

Thanks.
Hi Ojustaboo

Quote:
I did notice one odd thing, to the right of the navy ship, there's a white van with "Waterford Harley-Davidson" on it.

Underneath that there's a few people that appear cut in half, just their top halves showing, woman in yellow and a few people near her.

Just to the left of them, (right of the navy ship) there's another similar thing with just some legs showing.

Indeed. That's an error in the rendering. With so many moving objects and the fact that it takes my robot about 15 minutes to scan the entire city, there's a lot that can go wrong. I have the robot set to overlap everything by 40%, so it corrects most of these defects itself. The ones it can't have to be found and manually air brushed out. Takes forever on an image so big.

Thanks.

Hi chilly7

Quote:
Can i run it on Mac?

Yes and no.

The exe obviously won't run on a mac, but my unencrypted source files will.

I just need to encrypt and pack them into a container in order to run it on a mac. Just haven't really explored that yet though.

Regards
Sharp.
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp , If u need to try it on Mac let me know.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All looks good on my Intel i7, 8Gb RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks Mike.

I'm so glad I posted this thread. You all have given me great comfort in knowing that the concept works. I'm going to spend my time now adding more content and making everything look pretty for the presentation Friday.

Thank you..!!!!

Hi chilly7

Thanks for the offer. I may actually talk you up on that too. My guess it that it would take very little to compile them to run on the Mac. Unencrypted and unpacked, they should work right now.

Regards
Sharp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: