Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving Varius samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcdeben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Saving Varius samples Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I will ask this question again. I did not get much help on my last post.

I want to copy different samples with its related pcg data from many sample CD's or From downloads on one CD or Orb, so I can go to a gig and load in 1 CD with all the sample sounds I am using for lets say Set 1
and it will load in the samples and PCG data in e-bank in the order I want.
Then have another cd for set 2 if needed etc. For instance, I want to save 2-3 sounds from VL project and 1 of the chorus guitars download, etc. Not the whole download and pcgs data just specfic sounds with its specfic pcg data.
I have tried and tried and tried and can not figure out how to do this.
If any one can tell me how to do this I will be overjoyed. I need it step by step, if at all possible. My expertise is not in programing. My family would appreciate it also, as I spend hours in my little studio cursing and throwing thinks. Embarassed Crying or Very sad My wife thinks I'm nuts (what else is new) and my kids think I'm mad. Nice Huh!

Thanks in advance.

and Please tell me I'm not the only idiot out there that can't figure this out Embarassed

Marc
marcdeben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys and gals, is this too obvious or to hard to explain.

anyone!

Marc
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no one's showing you any "love", huh? Sorry to see that.

This can be a complex process depending on just how little of each download/PCG you want to use, but here's a start.

The first file you want to load you should just load the normal way. You'll likely load the PCG file into Bank E and the samples will all load in. Now you can go through the Programs and decide which ones you want to keep and which you don't need.

You'll need to study the Porgrams you don't want so you can find out what multisamples they use (EDIT: Basic, Osc. Basic pages). then you can go into Sample Mode and delete each multisample (Delete MS command), also checking the "Delete samples too" command so you clean out the samples they use.

Next I would run the "Move Multisample" command, checking off the "optimize Empty multisample" command to put all the remaining samples in linear order. Be sure to also check off the "Adjust Multisample Assign in Program" box!

Next I would go through the Porgram E bank and rewrite the Programs you really want into linear order, starting at E000 and moving the Programs in a logical setup (E000, E001, E002). let's say you needed 5 Programs, so you'll locate them at E000-E004, right?

Now you have picked what you want from that data load. If you want you could make a backup of this data at this point just for safety. If all goes well you can delete it from your drive later.

For the second file you'll want to use the "newer" way of loading sample data. Highlight the next PCG file that you want to work with and instead of choosing "Load Selected" choose the upper RH "Load PCG (RAM + Samples)" Command. This will let you merge the new data into what's in memory already. So when the screen comes up you should start the merged load at E005.

This will load the next PCG and all the samples in memory. Now you start the above process again. Shop through it, pick what you like, study what you don't need so you can delete the un-needed multisamples. Delete them (and Samples, too) and then re-optimize/move your multisamples to clean up sample memory.

Re-organize the new programs so they occupy from E005 and higher as you want.

Keep doing this, using the "Load PCG (RAM + Samples) way of loading to keep merging the new data in, then parse through it picking what you need, deleting the samples you don't and reorganzing your Programs until you've built up your favorite data load.

Then be sure to save this (a PCG containing the E Bank Programs) plus ALL sample memory.

It may sound hard, but you'll get the hang of it. It's a bit of work but it can be done and you'll feel great when you've accomplished it.

Now maybe you see why no one answered - it takes a bit of experience/knowledge to do this, and even more determination to write it all out!

Smile

Good luck.

Jerry
marcus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jerry Exclamation That's "Exactly" what I was going to say Shocked Rolling Eyes Surprised

anyway........................................

"Emmaus Street"...[would you have recognized him?]
marcdeben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I figured it was complicated and would take a bletheria of knowlege ( like that word?) to explain it and a long time consuming post. As usual you are best rep korg or otherwise.

Thank you so much again. It sounds a little complicated but with a little practice I will do it and make my life at gigs so much easier.

Best wishes

Marc
marcdeben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp,

I think you should move this to the classic threads section.
I think Jerry expaination could help a lot af Tritonians.

Thanks

Marc
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it done. Wink
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot!, This was confusing me to! Thank you so much Jerry.

Might want to add that when loading that 1st PCG file, (using just "load selected"), it will overwrite any GLOBAL settings you may have had. I think...

Andy
classic99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: this helpedd me alot Reply with quote

thx for saving me alot of time tring to figure this out on my own Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: