Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This cant be true ? Nanokontrol 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highlander112

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: This cant be true ? Nanokontrol 2 Reply with quote

Hi!
Ive just bought nano-kontrol 2
"im using it as a daw controller in reaper"

First off..
Ive now used like 4 hours to get it to work, and surfing the internet
for a solution.
It was selecting everytime i would move a fader
got that solved...

Now i can only use 8 faders in the daw
because i cant use the track buttons anymore ?
Used another 5 hours to try out some very complicated midi ox thing
didnt work for me.
I just want this thing to work and go on with my life.
If you know how to get those two stupid buttons to work at the same time as the faders you will save my life.
Thanks
CSharpDude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Possible Solution Reply with quote

Hi -

I just installed a NanoKontrol2 for use with Sonar X2 and it works perfectly. I haven't tried it with Reaper, but I believe the setup is very similar. There is a very good video that uses Reaper as the DAW here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTwjJNpq94.

The key for me was to ensure that the NanoKontrol2 was using a midi port between 0 and 9. I had to remove an used device on one of those ports and the NanoKontrol2 which was using port 29. I did this through the Korg driver uninstall program. You can check the port by running the uninstall. You'll see the port number and can abort the uninstall if you want.

The other key was to select the Mackie Control as the control surface in Sonar. According to the video above, I think Reaper uses the same control surface.

Hope this helps,

Dave[/url]
Tesgin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: This cant be true ? Nanokontrol 2 Reply with quote

highlander112 wrote:
Hi!
Ive just bought nano-kontrol 2
"im using it as a daw controller in reaper"

First off..
Ive now used like 4 hours to get it to work, and surfing the internet
for a solution.
It was selecting everytime i would move a fader
got that solved...

Now i can only use 8 faders in the daw
because i cant use the track buttons anymore ?
Used another 5 hours to try out some very complicated midi ox thing
didnt work for me.
I just want this thing to work and go on with my life.
If you know how to get those two stupid buttons to work at the same time as the faders you will save my life.
Thanks

I just bought the nanokontrol2. Using it with Reaper on OS X Yosemite. Everything works EXCEPT that when I move a slider, it selects the track in Reaper, so when I move the next slider, it selects that track as well and groups them, so both of them move together. I've spent HOURS trying to find the fix. Is that the problem you said you found the fix for?

If someone could help me, I'd appreciate it, otherwise it has to go back.

I have found fixes for this on Windows, but not on OS X.

Thanks,
Tesgin
teodor.rosca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Another possible solution Reply with quote

This may be late since this thread is 3+ yrs old, but:

I have noticed that under OSX with Reaper, if you set the Nanokontrol2 to work in "Pro Tools" mode and change the control surface type in Reaper to "HUI (Partial)" the multiple track selection and grouping problem disappears. Tracks are no longer selected on fader movements, you can move multiple faders at a time without any issue. Track (Left & Right) buttons and the Play-Stop-Rec buttons work properly as well.

One thing that doesn't work, however, are the FFwd and Rewind controls on the Nanokontrol, but that can be done via keyboard anyway, so no big deal.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: