Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newb!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BESTDALE

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: newb! Reply with quote

I purchased a second hand microsampler and I really want to like it as I have heard so many great things about it! however I cant get it to make ANY sound at all, ive tried running it through an amp, headphones and usb ive installed all the drivers (windows) and still nothing! its frustrating as ive been told how easy to use this sampler is which is why I got it in the first place! all the pretty lights flash, the digital display shows lots of stuff but I don't care about lights I want SOUND!!! any ideas as its going on ebay soon as I have no time for an expensive door stop!
Telengard

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to get the manuals off of the korg site:

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/microSAMPLER_EZ_Start_633911330899600000.pdf

&

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/microSAMPLER_OM_E2_633970921342910000.pdf

You need to make sure the bank you have selected has sounds in it or try sampling a new sound. There are factory sounds on the last bank that can't be deleted. Did it come with the microphone?

Check page 15 of the second linked manual to see how to select the ROM bank to test the factory sounds. The first link will then give you a quick overview of how to hook it up and sample stuff.
jiggityj

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, depending on you experience with samplers, this is really easy to use. I got mine over the weekend. It's a great addition to my collection of hardware and evens out the flaws to my precious SP-404sx, and other samplers that is a little pain to sample with. Pairs well with my KO2 and shows how well the KO2 really sounds. By itself, it's a fun keyboard to hook up your internet audio to.
BESTDALE

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telengard wrote:
Make sure to get the manuals off of the korg site:

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/microSAMPLER_EZ_Start_633911330899600000.pdf

&

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/microSAMPLER_OM_E2_633970921342910000.pdf

You need to make sure the bank you have selected has sounds in it or try sampling a new sound. There are factory sounds on the last bank that can't be deleted. Did it come with the microphone?
yes I have a mic! ive followed the manual to the letter and still nothing!

Check page 15 of the second linked manual to see how to select the ROM bank to test the factory sounds. The first link will then give you a quick overview of how to hook it up and sample stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: