Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ridiculous MS20 Delivery Time!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Ridiculous MS20 Delivery Time!? Reply with quote

I pre-ordered the MS20 from Guitar Center who surprisingly had the best deal, which is most definitely a rarity for the company.

Well, the ETA was changed to a month later than what was said at purchase time.

A month passed, it was mid-may; and the synth still hadn't arrived. I contact Guitar Center; they said it'd been delayed another month and would arrive in mid-June.

They're blaming Korg for not making/distributing as many units as they said they would. I find that slightly hard to believe given how it's Guitar Center talking... if Sweetwater told me that, perhaps I'd be more likely to believe it.

Is anybody else experiencing a similar wait time?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sweetwater site says they expect delivery this summer and summer doesn't officially start until June 21. Maybe guitar center is just trying to keep you locked in or maybe sweetwater has better information.

Whatever the case may be I would think that there will be a lot of delays from Korg across the board. They have announced a lot of new products and I don't think they anticipated such a demand.

I just got off the phone with Sweetwater and was told not to expect an MS20 before October. Shocked Shocked

I was debating between the MS20 and the Sub Phatty so maybe now I'll just go with the Sub Phatty or maybe even the Minibrute. I'm also waiting on a Prophet 12 but I was told not to expect that before July.

It looks like analog is back in a big way.
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about ridiculous ETA, just check what happened with the Arturia Minibrute. There the ETA almost was a full year Confused
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just your order, it's the same everywhere. A very simple case of a huge demand.
I pre ordered mine on 25th feb & only received it on 22nd of may. First uk shipment.
I see over the last two weeks they started arriving in limited numbers at random places. One or two people reported stumbling on one in their local store & grabbing in quickly.
It is a new model & i bet that when Korg announced it at winter Namm they only had a few models built. Suddenly it went mad & they would have been working like ants to get the numbers made.
Fair play to 'em though, units are arriving now it shouldn't be long before most orders are filled (Pre orders that is)

For what it's worth, i think it's worth the wait. It's not an expensive feeling unit but it does sound exactly as i expected...& beyond. Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a synth in the Netherlands only when it was already at the store, becaust at that time there was a lot of uncertainty about ETA.

But in my case, my favorite shop got it just a few weeks later, but they (and I) could not know it before hand.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the estimated delivery time, a lot of the confusion and blame should be made toward the retailers, not Korg. When Korg first announced this was going to be released, they said it would be out in Spring, but never actually gave an official date. They said the same thing about the King Korg synthesizer, but that actually came out the first few weeks of Spring. Either way, the retailers then went and started posting random dates on their websites so customers wouldn't cancel their pre-orders, but it's still Spring here in the US for almost another month, so I suspect we'll be getting them in June.
dexfx69

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:

I was debating between the MS20 and the Sub Phatty so maybe now I'll just go with the Sub Phatty or maybe even the Minibrute. I'm also waiting on a Prophet 12 but I was told not to expect that before July.

Except the Prophet 12 is not an analog synth. Sounds more like a vst, as the oscillators are all digital.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg's US headquarters got their first shipment in today and is now in the process of sending them out to retailers. They posted pics on their Facebook page showing a warehouse full of them, so people whom pre-ordered should probably expect to see them within two weeks or so.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dexfx69 wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

Except the Prophet 12 is not an analog synth. Sounds more like a vst, as the oscillators are all digital.

well, you got analog VCA (stereo) analog LPF and analog HPF.
i don't think it's so digital just beacusa of the digital oscillators

http://rsto.bandcamp.com/album/constellation - Free download of "Constellation"
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedShiftingTheOceans
http://soundcloud.com/kimuz
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
dexfx69 wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

I don't mind the Prophet 12's digital oscillators, in fact I prefer them. There's a "Slop" knob in the oscillator section that should add analog style tuning drift and the rest of the warmth comes from the filters and amps which are true analog.

PS ... I have decided against the Minibrute, I bought the Sub Phatty for the more traditional 100% analog feel and we will see about the MS20 sometime in the future depending on needs when it become more available. The Prophet 12 is still next on my list. I just want to at least see a manual first.
dexfx69

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
dexfx69 wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

!!! Then you don't have much experience in analog to know the difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: