Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

connecting Global to iPad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirmalc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: connecting Global to iPad Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just got my Wavedrum Global for Father's Day. Is the Alesis dock the best way to connect it to an iPad or is there another solution that you prefer? Maybe this info is already discussed in the forums, but I didn't see it. Using iPad 3.

Thanks

Shawn
kbeaumont

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: connecting Global to iPad Reply with quote

I use the iDock and it works fine, the Griffin Studio Connect http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StudioCon/ is another great option.
sirmalc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbeaumont, Thanks for the reply. Always been an acoustic drum guy, but I have to say, that being able to put headphones on and play until midnight is a great thing. Of course, the WDG makes this a true pleasure.

When you say iDock, do you mean the Alesis I/O Dock or is there another one out there called iDock too? What apps are you recording into that you like?

Right now I have Loopy, Garage Band, and JamUp, but would love any suggestions on better options for recording.
martygras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Alesis IO Dock for everything and it is great with my iPad 2.

There was a time when Apple updated the iOS and everyone's dock started freaking out. (iOS 4.0 I believe) I bought mine just a year ago so I missed all of that fun. Twisted Evil

Even though it is mostly plastic, it is very solid as long as you don't throw it around.

I think the IO Dock is the only device that has enough gain and headroom to sound good with the Wavedrum and not overload the inputs.

I use an app called Multitrack DAW to record everything. Awesome recording app, and easy to use, but doesn't have mixing automation currently. Not a big deal for me though.
sirmalc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that info martygras. think i'm going to go that route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: