Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW I just got me some new amps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slabwax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: WOW I just got me some new amps Reply with quote

I've been using a mid size Behringer keyboard amp for the past 6 years or so and last night I made a trade. I ended up with a pair of Roland KS-500. I know they are not well regarded on the web but they sure sound good enough for me and my Wavedrums & etc... They are a bit clawed up (gota love cats) but short of that they are in nice shape. They are F---ing loud and clean and stereo. Not the smallest to schlep around. But I think I'll keep them for now.
Gizmo1300

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: portable amp Reply with quote

Great to see other options.
I just purchased a roland Micro cube bass amp that I use for busking and traveling with my wavedrum and mini. It is battery powered and provides a pretty good base response for such a small unit and relatively cheap. It also has some buit in effects which are usefull
As with you I believe that there are trade offs that are acceptable.
I also have a good quality Phonic Monitor amp for home and the big sounds.

cheers
martygras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they KC-500's?
Yeah, those KC-500's can take a real beating. I ran sound for a blues band that had a keyboardist/pianist and it sounded great live on the piano sounds and not too bad on the organ-ish sounds. That amp fell over during load-out several times and still worked great. Like you said, it looks all beat up though. Good thing those knobs are all recessed.
Slabwax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops yes KC
Slabwax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post sorry
Sympathy Orchestra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 50 watt Kat Percussion KA1 Drum Amplifier. For the price, just over $200, I have been very happy with it. The lows are fantastic!
trubright

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Simmons DA200S amp Reply with quote

I bought a Simmons DA200S on sale at Guitar Center for my Wavedrum. I recommend it highly. It has a 12 inch downfiring subwoofer that will rattle any room. 200 watts might not sound like a lot but these new amps are very efficient. The only downside is that it's heavy. It weighs in at 65 lbs.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: