Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg Kross
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.2.0

A new version of PCG Tools is released today, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

For the Kross, now also .TR files are supported; these files are created by the official Korg editor. Furthermore, Turkish language is added (thanks to Umut Erhan). A detune column is added to the combi timbres and several bug fixes and link fixes.

Complete change list:

Code:

2.2.0       8-Jul-2014  Support : Support of Kross TR files (made by the official Korg Editor).
                        Language: Turkish language added, thanks to Umut Erhan.
                        Improv  : Added detune column to combi timbres list (and list generator).
                        Improv  : Added set list name to set list slot rows in the set list generator's patch list.
                        Improv  : Set lists slots are only considered empty when empty AND reference to program I-A000.
                        Improv  : The path of the manual is now editable (local file or website location).
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when Tools menu was opened without loading a PCG file.
                        Bug Fix : Link to the manual from the About page now works correct.
                        Bug Fix : Patch list in list generator does not show sub types.
                        Bug Fix : Lists in list generator not having sub types show now empty sub lists.
                        Bug Fix : XML patch output list generator sometimes did not show wave sequences correctly.
                        Links   : Added JimG, RedKross2014 and re-added Joost Wilgehof as tester (sorry Joost).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Auquicu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'm sharing this news in the Korg Kross Share - Facebook Group.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auquicu wrote:
Cool! I'm sharing this news in the Korg Kross Share - Facebook Group.

Thanks ... I thought I already put a message on quite some FB groups, but I guess I missed one or is it very new?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
castorex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this new version.

Only one point. I do not use cubase but software that requires instrument definition file (cakewalk format .ins) for patches and drum kits definition. Perhaps this could be an interesting function for future update.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
Thanks for this new version.

Only one point. I do not use cubase but software that requires instrument definition file (cakewalk format .ins) for patches and drum kits definition. Perhaps this could be an interesting function for future update.

I once checked into these type of files, but the problem is, there are so many sequencers and so many models PCG Tools support, it would take a lot of time to make them all. However, the item is already on the wish list.

castorex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instrument definition file, initially ins file for cakewalk, is not associated to a specific sequencer now, but can be considered as a standard that many other sequencers can use to import a list of patchs.
Many manufacturers provided this file for their hardware, and if not, it was easy to find the file from a dedicated forum.
But it seems that this good behavior has disappeared: perhaps everybody use cubase ?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
Instrument definition file, initially ins file for cakewalk, is not associated to a specific sequencer now, but can be considered as a standard that many other sequencers can use to import a list of patchs.
Many manufacturers provided this file for their hardware, and if not, it was easy to find the file from a dedicated forum.
But it seems that this good behavior has disappeared: perhaps everybody use cubase ?

Oh that is good news; I did not know that... it's on the wish list to add it one time, but I have so many items to do and so less time. If I can see an easy way to implement it I will certainly look further into it.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.3.0

Dear all,

A new version of PCG Tools has been released, with the following changes:
- Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
- Added volume to set list slots.
- Redesigned and improved various dialogs.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes

In detail:

Code:

2.3.0      10-Aug-2014 
Language: Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
                        Improv  : Added volume to edit set list slot dialog (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Added volume column to set lists in PCG window (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Dynamically resizing of edit program, combi and set list slot dialogs.
                        Improv  : Redesigned splash screen and about window.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented changed program/combi references when pasting inside same file.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when selecting multiple banks with only one filled item.
                        Bug Fix : One label not translated in the Edit Single Set List Slot dialog.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed several texts in different languages (especially Greek).
                        Bug Fix : Added several translators in some translations (sorry Umut Erhan, Jim Dijkstra, Syntey).

castorex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this new version.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
Thank you for this new version.

You're welcome!

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new manual of PCG Tools is put on the website today. It is now updated until the latest version of 2.3.

Note: it might be needed to clear the cache to download it. See the download page of http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers (developer of PCG Tools)

gweglarz1099

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Ins file Reply with quote

Definitely thanks for the upgrade. And, as previously stated, the addition of .ins output would be great. I an currently (attempting) on writing a program to take your text output and convert it to ins. Just started and a little rusty in my C++/C# though. So, with everything else going I expect a couple of months, at least.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ins file Reply with quote

gweglarz1099 wrote:
Definitely thanks for the upgrade. And, as previously stated, the addition of .ins output would be great. I an currently (attempting) on writing a program to take your text output and convert it to ins. Just started and a little rusty in my C++/C# though. So, with everything else going I expect a couple of months, at least.

Thank you very much. I would be very interested in that program (to make an ins). Maybe we can make some deal, that I will add your app to PCG Tools and you get all the credits for that part? (note PCG Tools is free, so I cannot offer money).

gweglarz1099

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what language you write in. If you have the code for the object where you step through the fields, I can create the ins file from that.

Thanks,

Geoffrey
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gweglarz1099 wrote:
Let me know what language you write in. If you have the code for the object where you step through the fields, I can create the ins file from that.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

I will send you a PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: