Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mad at korg for pa900 Tc helicon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shahin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Mad at korg for pa900 Tc helicon Reply with quote

I am mad at korg for not putting voice-live 2 in pa900 Evil or Very Mad I mean pa800 had the same vocal functions as pa2x, the flagship! and that did not cause people to abandon pa2x and turn to pa800. Is korg afraid that this time if pa900 has enough functions, people would not buy pa3x anymore?!
pa900 has 3 part harmonizer (not 4) and lacks effects which are available in pa3x for harmonizer. it seems like it is voice-live 1 not 2 I mean how hard was it for korg to use voice live 2!? pa900 is not a low end model like pa600 and it should have had it in first place. i was considering buying it but not anymore. By the way i know i can buy Tc helicon seperately but i am used to and prefer all-in-one machines. i dont think adding voice live 2 would have increased the price drastically. I think its a marketing trick from korg . A dirty one if you may ! Sad
Saswick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Voicelive 2 Reply with quote

Here Here

Col
Previously MicroArranger
Previously Pa2x
Previously PA800
Previously Yamaha S900
Previously i30
adimatis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mad at korg for pa900 Tc helicon Reply with quote

Shahin wrote:
I am mad at korg for not putting voice-live 2 in pa900

... it seems like it is voice-live 1 not 2

Where do you have the information from? Is it only your oppinion or did you read somewhere? I am interested in this issue too. Still, pa900 is a good buy - it is much less than what pa800 was when it came in. And offers much more.
Saswick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Pa900 Vocal Harmonizer Reply with quote

Hi Adimatis

Download the manuals and check it for yourself.

Pa900

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa900/pa900-manuals.html

Pa800

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa800/pa800-manuals.html

Col
Previously MicroArranger
Previously Pa2x
Previously PA800
Previously Yamaha S900
Previously i30
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: yes mad also ,, Reply with quote

the pa3x is the best , but the pa900 is close to the pa3x , the pa3x has something close to a voice live 2 , the pa900 has a three voice , and how often do you use 4 voices in a song,and styles pa3 and pa900 same and the pa900 has more samples in it then the pa3x ( i think it is 4 more samples in the manual ) it is 834 and the pa3x has 830 , and the pa900 Included video out – Optional on the Pa3x 61 keys,, and TouchView screen bigger ,the pa3x has more sliders , but again how often do you use then play live on a job 2% ,, now the •4 Stereo Master Effects on the pa800 we all said , WOW Great and the pa900 is the same , the pa3x is better for effect , and it look like the the pa900 has some new fx in it , or korg just did a better job of working them , and the pa 900 play samples,, were it the car battery in the pa900 like the pa3x car battery ,, and we still get acclaimed KORG SV-1 stage piano; ,,, we pay $3600 for the pa3x and you can get the pa900 for $1800 or less , so for half the price ,, If the pa3x and the pa900 were out at the same time , i would buy the pa900 ,,now the time to dump the pa3x , so when the pa4x come out ,,, do not buy it wait and the pa1000 will come along and it will have all the pa3x stuff in it ,, and the weight is lighter on your back just like the price .
again IMOP
Shahin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we pay $3600 for the pa3x and you can get the pa900 for $1800

I hope so ! Nothing official yet but only rumors for now. Remember pa3x had a sudden increase in price, even for the ones preordered it ! Caused lots f anger! As for pa900, well see about that.

Quote:
but the pa900 is close to the pa3x

Not close enough in my opinion ! I mean its not as close to pa3x as pa800 was to pa2x.

check pa2x and pa800 spec and then pa900 and pa3x spec for yourself carefully. Pa900 is good but it annoys me that korg has shrank pa900 more than necessary, considering the fact that Pa900 is a MIDRANGE . Agagin i dont expect (didnt expect) anything extra from pa900 than to have the similarities to pa3x which pa800 had with pa2x. But alas ! korg disappointed me ! WHy korg ? why?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind that when you compare the models:-
1. PA1X and PA1XPro had differences apart from the number of keys however the PA1X was the ONLY 61 note version.
2. The PA2XPro was only 76-note - the 61-note version was the PA800 and also different in a few ways - different OS
3. The PA3X has 61 and 76 note models with the same features (HDD, motorised screen etc on PA3X-76) - the OS is the same - sounds and styles the same!!!

Also the PA2XPro, PA800 and PA588 had some different factory styles!!!

So as you can see, Korg have changed the way they are marketing and configuring these models.
I don't see how you can compare PA800 with PA900 etc....

As Anthony indicates, the PA900 is a limited version of the PA3X - great move for anyone wanting to sit in the middle of this technology at a cheaper price.
The price comparison seems OK to me 1800 vs 3600 (although my PA3X-76 was cheaper than that)
Korg is a company trying to survive (like any other) and so flexibility in product range and pricing is essential...

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
adimatis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there QUALITY differences? Number of harmony voices... three is more than enough. Effects, enough I believe. But is there a significant difference in quality of harmony voices?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: back up Reply with quote

the pa900 will make a great backup for my pa3x , just load a songbook and stick in a usb driver, and iam running again ,, styles look all the same ,
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the pa900 will make a great backup for my pa3x , just load a songbook and stick in a usb driver, and iam running again ,, styles look all the same ,

Is the PA900 really that compatible with the PA3X?

Pete Very Happy
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: pa900 Reply with quote

I would think ( I have been wrong before ) the styles and sounds and the song book , are compatible but the voice live or vocal functions will not match at all ,, but i hope so,
Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?!? Shocked "Shahin"; Are you seriously buggin about that you expect a better harmonizer in a scraped version of the flagship-model?
With the money you save from supporting the flagship, go buy yourself the real TC voice play GTX, (I can recommend, buy yourself a midicable and you're ALL set). Then get yourself the "free 500 preset" download (upgrade). Be glad that you're able to get a serious arranger, for a bargain price! Sorry for putting it that way, really, but do you seriously expect the full gear for half the price?? Come ooon!? Rolling Eyes No hatin', but you get what you give! Wink
NI Komplete Ultimate 9, and a hell of a lot VI's

Music demo's at;
https://soundcloud.com/hellan-n-rlev/sets
Shahin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Pa3xdk ! no offence taken. of course i dont expect features of a flagship on a midrange model with half the price ! Its just as i said before, pa800 (a midrange) had full features of pa2x (flagship) vocal board and effects. I expected the same from pa900. But as others mentioned, maybe korg considers the 61 key version of pa3x the major midrange. by the way can you tell me where can i download the 500 free presets? can we load these presets for tc helicon in pa3x/900?
Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they are to be loaded on the PA's... But to be honest, I'm not sure... It's for the Voice Play/GTX TC-boards... They're avaliable on TC-helicon/voicesupport software (which is also a free software for editing/manage the box'es).
NI Komplete Ultimate 9, and a hell of a lot VI's

Music demo's at;
https://soundcloud.com/hellan-n-rlev/sets
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its just as i said before, pa800 (a midrange) had full features of pa2x (flagship) vocal board and effects.

I think you'll find the difference is that the PA800 was not a "mid-range" product - it was Korg's 61-key version of the PA2XPro
- similar to PA1Xpro and PA1X

Pete Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: