Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panel layout PA900 not as good as PA800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Panel layout PA900 not as good as PA800 Reply with quote

I've had a closer look at PA900 (pictures).
It sure looks very good and professional, but I'm not very pleased with all of the new panel layout:
- assignable switches not near the joystick
- pad switches, upper/lower octave and transpose located on second row and in color black (!)
- a lot of black and grey switches, which I find difficult to distinguish from each other
- the led lights are located above the knobs, where in PA800 they were located in the knobs
- the 2 assignable sliders have been replaced by 1 assignable knob

I haven't actually seen/played the instrument in real, but from the pictures I don't think the layout is better than PA800.
In fact for live playing, PA800's panel layout seems a bit better to me.

Play in style. Wink
propellerhead91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your points & can appreciate your disappointment,because I prefer the layout of the PaX models myself...but then,that's what happens in terms of features among different price ranges.

Being that the Pa900 is $1,000 cheaper than the Pa800,I really don't have any valid complaints.

It seems to me,that Korg did the best job they could,in allocating their production budget accordingly....in terms of the price/feature ratio.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

propellerhead91 wrote:
that's what happens in terms of features among different price ranges.
[...]
It seems to me,that Korg did the best job they could,in allocating their production budget accordingly....in terms of the price/feature ratio.

I don't see how the place where buttons are located on the instrument, could have much effect to its price level.
But you're probably right.

But hey, I agree with you that Korg did a marvelous job with the PA900.
Very, very good value for money.
I'm seriously considering trading in my PA800 for a PA900.
But first I want to play one! Smile

Play in style. Wink
propellerhead91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
propellerhead91 wrote:

[...]

I don't see how the place where buttons are located on the instrument, could have much effect to its price level.
I'm seriously considering trading in my PA800 for a PA900.
But first I want to play one! Smile

I once watched a YT vid,where a manufacturer was explaining that front mounted volume & power controls in the front of a studio monitor speaker,caused the cost of the production to be higher(something to do with having to redesign the whole cabinet,thus the extra cost for materials and labor).
Perhaps,this is the case with the Pa900's layout?

I really want to demo one for myself before I buy...but then,sometimes the features you think you wanted are not all their cracked up to be & you don't figure that out until it's too late...but so far,I can't find any real faults with the Pa900...certainly not at this low price! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: