Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got any Monotribe tricks up your sleeves?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBlom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Got any Monotribe tricks up your sleeves? Reply with quote

I've got a Monotribe at home that I bought for my students (12-16 yrs old) and I thought I'd get to know it better during the summer. I know the basic stuff, but I would love to get "under the hood", trying stuff that squeezes that little extra out of it. For example, I don't get the Flux mode. Don't understand it at all. And the drums are 16ths but I can only get 8ths out of the synth part.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One trick I came across recently (probably old news to most people) is step recording of synth parts by changing the active steps during recording. Turn flux mode off, and make sure only the first step of the sequence is the only one turned on. Hit record, and hold whatever note you want. Then, whilst recording, turn step two on, then step 1 off. Record the next note and so on.

Flux mode is like quantise on and off, so having flux mode on records all pitch changes, slides etc for a given sequencer part, whereas having it off records only a single note per sequencer part. Having it turned on allows you to record and ply back pitch sweeps and other such things.

My favourite new monotribe feature though is the CV gate input, which allows me to sequence it from my daw and play the monotribe with a midi keyboard.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Zai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install the latest firmware, and you can use 16 step drum sequences by holding down the relevant drum button to access the interleaved beats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: