Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome & Cakewalk Sonar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartjmoran@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome & Cakewalk Sonar Reply with quote

Quite simply looking for an answer to a problem I had when playing a gig on Saturday night. I had 16 songs setup as a set list in sonar. Each of these songs uses sounds on various keyboards whilst playing. I have a yamaha mx49 used for Bass and drums, brass and some guitars. I then have strings, guitars playing through the korg krome and finally I have an m audio 88es which was played live using mainly pianos and pads sounds generated on the korg krome. The signal from the 88 es  goes to a digitech vl3d for vocal harmony. All these sounds are routed and setup in sonar. Which sets up the sounds played on the three keyboards. A midi backing track is played in sonar which I play along live using the keyboards and sing through the vl3d. This is all routed to a bheringer mixer then out to an amp and 2 speakers. Also I have in ears to hear the whole mix. So that's the setup basically. So on Saturday I turned up to setup all worked well for the sound check. Came to the night and thr
 ee or four times half way through different songs, sonar stopped half way through, the only way to recover was turning the krome on and off and restarting sonar. I should add all the keyboards are connected via usb to my laptop. I have been practising and practising and this has never happened. Luckily I had wav recordings of all the set so could carry on. I have never had this problem when rehearsing I have played the set over and over again since Saturday and can't reproduce the crashes. I am trying to find out what happened so it doesn't happen again and I know what happened. Any ideas please help.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgy laptop power supply?
stuartjmoran@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the laptop didn't power off. It was still on mains
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remember having issues like that where my laptop power kept fluctuating rapidly between battery and mains, guess it was a dodgy connection or something. Somehow the constant switch messed up the OS or (in my case) Mainstage and Ableton.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a power hiccup with one of the keyboards. I have had Sonar hang when a USB connected keyboard went offline. It seems that when the USB connection is dropped Windows and other software gets hopelessly confused at times.

Maybe a different environment or different cables could have caused a glitch since you never had a problem during rehearsal. Then again, it could be something completely unrelated to USB. Just kind of guessing here.
stuartjmoran@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of the usb, I can't see a way round that that all the interfaces for midi are usb. I didn't hear the disconnect tone.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have many USB devices draw power from your laptop simultaneously? In a gig situation I always try to use a dedicated power supply for each USB appliance whenever possible.
stuartjmoran@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No all the usb devices 3 keyboards, a hard disk, a mixer and the vl3d unit all have there own power supply. Connected to a powered USb hub. I did think of that as well but again it's never happened in rehearsal. I was doing a bit more research and it has been mentioned about the polyphony of the krome, but what I've read says it should still carry on playing with note drop off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: