Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to get a PA-900 but not sure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrisburgguy72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Want to get a PA-900 but not sure Reply with quote

I had a Tyros 4 and when I bought my Lowrey Stardust organ I traded it. Now I want another keyboard and seriously considering the 900. I am only a novice and hobby player. Would the PA-900 be too hard for me to master and would I be able to get help on here if I can't figure something out or don't understand something. I want something with a lot of voices and styles....like the Tyros 4 has. I am considering Korg because they update often and Yahama NEVER does. I sure would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks....Don Young
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am "upgrading" from a Tyros 4. If you can figure out a Tyros 4 I'm sure you can figure out the Korg.

And yes, this forum will provide you with all the help you need!
harrisburgguy72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
I am "upgrading" from a Tyros 4. If you can figure out a Tyros 4 I'm sure you can figure out the Korg.

And yes, this forum will provide you with all the help you need!

Graham, thanks a million for your reply. I am really liking what I hear abiout this keyboard and seriouslly considering getting it, I think I would call Frank at Audio Works to buy it because I head he offers far better pricing than anywhere else. I think you can only preorder it at the present time, not sure when it will be available. I live in Harrisburg, PA. Don
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I ordered mine. See his earlier post that he had some come in last week. I called and ordered mine immediately. It's being shipped and will be with me on Tuesday Smile
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to get a PA-900 but not sure Reply with quote

Greetings,

I see that you owned a Tyros 4, but I wonder if this might be useful for both of us:

Page 25 of Korg's PDF Quick Guide manual shows you how to switch to Easy Mode, with its less-cluttered screen, more basic options:

.... "If you have never used an arranger before, we suggest you to
switch to the Easy Mode. Easy Mode allows you to play Styles
and Songs with a simple user interface, free from the many
advanced parameters that you will want to learn at a later date." (unquote)

A few Korg's official PA900 videos already on YouTube. Very handy and so much information condensed. I use one of the free, online YouTube video loopers (A to B repeat) to loop a couple of minutes or so, before moving onto the next part of the video. Have pre-ordered PA900, but am loving the homework.

Have put both Korg PA900 PDF manuals on my Kindle, but will probably one day print out the main manual and get it spiral bound at a local print shop. Prefer to use a printed PDF manual as it is easier to fold back and can use pencil notes and colourful stickers.

Here in UK, I recall Rymans charge around three pounds for spiral-binding your own printed pages, with acetate cover included. Smile Was quoted around 13 UKP for them to produce the whole thing, but that's only for black-and-white and not laser printed. {EDIT} Quote was for the Quick Guide.

In the meantime, I phoned my local college to ask if they are planning any evening classes for new Korg PA900 users. They must be very busy, so am still waiting for them to return my call. Wonder why?

Happy regards

Last edited by Happy Jack on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
harrisburgguy72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to get a PA-900 but not sure Reply with quote

Happy Jack wrote:
Greetings,

I see that you owned a Tyros 4, but I wonder if this might be useful for both of us:

Page 25 of Korg's PDF Quick Guide manual shows you how to switch to Easy Mode, with its less-cluttered screen, more basic options:

.... "If you have never used an arranger before, we suggest you to
switch to the Easy Mode. Easy Mode allows you to play Styles
and Songs with a simple user interface, free from the many
advanced parameters that you will want to learn at a later date." (unquote)

A few Korg's official PA900 videos already on YouTube. Very handy and so much information condensed. I use one of the free, online YouTube video loopers (A to B repeat) to loop a couple of minutes or so, before moving onto the next part of the video. Have pre-ordered PA900, but am loving the homework.

Have put both Korg PA900 PDF manuals on my Kindle, but will probably one day print out the main manual and get it spiral bound at a local print shop. Prefer to use a printed PDF manual as it is easier to fold back and can use pencil notes and colourful stickers.

Here in UK, I recall Rymans charge around three pounds for spiral-binding your own printed pages, with acetate cover included. Smile Was quoted around 13 UKP for them to produce the whole thing, but that's only for black-and-white and not laser printed.

In the meantime, I phoned my local college to ask if they are planning any evening classes for new Korg PA900 users. They must be very busy, so am still waiting for them to return my call.

Happy regards

Thanks a lot for your comments. I have downloaded the User Manual for the PA900 and it's fun doing homework before getting it. I did not know about the Easy Mode but will certainly check it out. Wish I could find the videos you are talking about, they would sure be helpful to me. I am very much a novice and only play for my own amusement but others have told me they enjoy listening to me play. Thanks again.....Don
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to get a PA-900 but not sure Reply with quote

[quote="harrisburgguy72"][quote="Happy Jack"]Greetings,

{snipped a lot for brevity} ... " Wish I could find the videos you are talking about, they would sure be helpful to me... "

Hello again, Don,

Here you go:
Introduction Korg video for PA900

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQrrcvCkiKw
and

YouTube looper with drag sliders

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=RQrrcvCkiKw&p=n#/66;119

Hope that helps.

best regards
harrisburgguy72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to get a PA-900 but not sure Reply with quote

[quote="Happy Jack"][quote="harrisburgguy72"]
Happy Jack wrote:
Greetings,

{snipped a lot for brevity} ... " Wish I could find the videos you are talking about, they would sure be helpful to me... "

Hello again, Don,

Here you go:
Introduction Korg video for PA900

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQrrcvCkiKw
and

YouTube looper with drag sliders

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=RQrrcvCkiKw&p=n#/66;119

Hope that helps.

best regards

Thanks so much, wow I will enjoy watching this for sure.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at www.korgpa.com you will find all the links to the tutorials there and more.
Even older tutorials can be useful, the pa800 tutorial is very informative. The OS is still quite the same.

Play in style. Wink
harrisburgguy72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Have a look at www.korgpa.com you will find all the links to the tutorials there and more.
Even older tutorials can be useful, the pa800 tutorial is very informative. The OS is still quite the same.

Thank you very much, I will definitely check it out. Don
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:

Thanks from me too, Fransman - very handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: