Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving or deleting Program affect Combis?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Moving or deleting Program affect Combis? Reply with quote

I have googled and searched here but haven't found this exact answer.

What happens if I delete or overwrite an A-E Program, will a Combi that has used this Program be affected?

Korg didn't give us a good way to make favorite banks like on other keyboards (or even their other keyboards that have this function!)
So if I want to make my own modified sounds and save them over other sounds, does this mean that the combi that was using that sound will also sound different?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you change a program all combi's that reference it will be affected. If you don't want this you have to make a copy and make changes to the copied version.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving or deleting Program affect Combis? Reply with quote

flyingace wrote:
if I want to make my own modified sounds and save them over other sounds, does this mean that the combi that was using that sound will also sound different?

Yes. But why not just save your modified program(s) to the F bank?

Sounds Good
flyingace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's best to leave all the programs alone and only save a copy to F bank if I don't want combis to be affected?

I loaded the triton sound pack to the F bank, is it okay to delete the programs I don't want out of that and only keep the ones I do, then use the rest of F bank to resave modded programs? The triton sounds aren't associated with any Combi's as far as I know.

Sorry for such naive questions, I think I found the section in the manual that it more or less says this but it's vague and I want to make sure before I start changing things around!

THANKS!
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingace wrote:
So it's best to leave all the programs alone and only save a copy to F bank if I don't want combis to be affected?

Yes indeed.

flyingace wrote:
I loaded the triton sound pack to the F bank, is it okay to delete the programs I don't want out of that and only keep the ones I do, then use the rest of F bank to resave modded programs? The triton sounds aren't associated with any Combi's as far as I know.

You can't delete programs from the F bank... just overwrite them. Since the Krome ships with the F bank empty (initialized), overwriting won't affect any combis.

flyingace wrote:
Sorry for such naive questions, I think I found the section in the manual that it more or less says this but it's vague and I want to make sure before I start changing things around!

No problem. We all have to start somewhere. Very Happy I was the same way when I bought my Triton many years ago and received plenty of help here.

I stuck around to return the favor.
flyingace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Synthoid! I have been on the SV-1 forum for a few years and the Roland forum when I recently (and for the past 2 years) owned my Juno Gi. I try to give back with advice when I can, too! It's much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: