Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are kronos pretty stable and reliable?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdeezy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Are kronos pretty stable and reliable? Reply with quote

For the most part, are kronos pretty reliable and stable? Of course there will be the exception for a small percentage of difficulties with some units, I was just seeing, as a whole from the kronos community, how is the stability and reliability of your current kronos, x and non x version..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Are kronos pretty stable and reliable? Reply with quote

mdeezy wrote:
For the most part, are kronos pretty reliable and stable? Of course there will be the exception for a small percentage of difficulties with some units, I was just seeing, as a whole from the kronos community, how is the stability and reliability of your current kronos, x and non x version..

Yes
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far...100% Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good. Once in awhile I've noticed it can get a little finicky if you leave it one for a week or so, but a reboot always brings it back to "normal". Hard to explain what exactly are these issues as they seem kind of random, never catastrophic stuff though.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine for me as well ! 100%.
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with Kronos at all here and believe me, it gets a rigorous workout every day at home plus gigging.
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Kronos 61 would freeze up for no apparent reason, but my current Kronos 61 hasn't exhibited any issues since I got it in December. When it arrived from the dealer, however, it had something rattling around in it (probably a loose screw). Whatever is in there, it's still rattling about on occasion. I suppose I should have that looked at before it shorts something out. Embarassed
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay attention to never shut it down while it is loading. Mine got unplugged once durning power on and the the same patches would hang on the most sour sound. POR would not help. I loaded the roland only sounds then switched back to laoding the Kronos KSC and exteas, and every thing was fine. Other then a loud fan mine is great and the fan has settled down a bit so it is t nearly as bad as it was now on par with an old tower PC.
Stratario

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have vast amounts of multi-samples from the two oriental sets that I have purchased plus samples from the six or seven M3 Oriental sets that I have found on the internet. There are many similar samples among them. So for the last month I had been working on loading all the samples, sorting them by instrument types, and deleting identical samples. Then sifting through the rest and keeping the good ones and deleting the not so good ones. So last weekend I was so close to the end of this work and I was saving the sampling data and then while saving, it froze right in the middle of saving the KSC file. I lost all my work for the last month. It left me with a KSC file that has about 25 percent of my sorted and sifted samples in it. So, sadly I have to start over again.

Amoo Farrokh
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratario wrote:
I have vast amounts of multi-samples from the two oriental sets that I have purchased plus samples from the six or seven M3 Oriental sets that I have found on the internet. There are many similar samples among them. So for the last month I had been working on loading all the samples, sorting them by instrument types, and deleting identical samples. Then sifting through the rest and keeping the good ones and deleting the not so good ones. So last weekend I was so close to the end of this work and I was saving the sampling data and then while saving, it froze right in the middle of saving the KSC file. I lost all my work for the last month. It left me with a KSC file that has about 25 percent of my sorted and sifted samples in it. So, sadly I have to start over again.

Amoo Farrokh

You never saved your work during the whole month?
Stratario

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I had saved it. But each time I chose to over write the existing file. A better way to do it would be to save to a different folder so that if something goes bad you can still have the files that were previously saved.

The freezing during the saving of sampling data had also happened once before. But at that time it must have froze right at at the very end. After I rebooted I saw all the samples were saved properly in the KSC file. This time it happened in the middle of the saving operation. So about 25 percent got saved.

Amoo Farrokh
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problems since Feb.....Sorry to hear you lost your work.....I've burned myself plenty of times over the years by not having back-ups too so I feel your pain.....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I really need to get into the habit of backing my data up. Even my wife tells me too. Laziness is BAD! And it will come around to bite you!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Thanks! I really need to get into the habit of backing my data up. Even my wife tells me too. Laziness is BAD! And it will come around to bite you!

Backing up frequently is like "good voodoo". Wink If you back up all the time and you've got nothing to lose, the keyboard or computer program will *never* crash. If you've got something extensive you've worked on that hasn't been saved in awhile, you're "asking for it."

I've gotten in the habit (with various programs) of saving every few minutes. Nothing ever happens. Then, one day, for whatever reason, I'm concentrating so deeply on what I'm doing that I forget to save for a half-hour or something - and of course, that is when the program will crash. It's like the program is consciously thinking "Aha, he hasn't saved this for at least a half-hour, I think I'll crash." Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: