Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impossible to get new KORG gear in Europe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neubit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Impossible to get new KORG gear in Europe Reply with quote

The KORG MS20 Mini is set to be available 02.12.2013 and it doesn't seem to be any better with the Volca-series, all though some dealers seems to be a little more optimistic about them.

Come on, KORG! I want to buy those machines! Now! Smile

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Availability for those is limited everywhere. I gave up waiting for the MS20 and got a Sub Phatty to play with instead.
neubit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg announced quite a few new products all around the same timeframe and they simply can't keep up with the demand. Personally I don't think they expected to be able to meet the demand. It's much like pre announcing a product to keep you from spending your money on the competition.

You may also want to consider the Waldorf Pulse 2 if you can live with a module with few knobs and no keys. But they are all very different machines. I would like one of each.
neubit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you are right.

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
neubit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neubit wrote:
Edit! I think I know why Korg cannot meet the demands. They are busy making even more variations on the MicroKorg. Version XXXXL double up wrapped in ivory.

Or tuners. Smile
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although there are a lot of microkorg versions, they must be giving someone what they want in order to sell so many of them. Wink

Oh, and just for the record , I do not own the micro korg . I opted to go with the mininova from Novation as I already had many korg sounds with the triton and the M50.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Although there are a lot of microkorg versions, they must be giving someone what they want in order to sell so many of them. Wink

Oh, and just for the record , I do not own the micro korg . I opted to go with the mininova from Novation as I already had many korg sounds with the triton and the M50.

The original microKorg is quite a special thing.. and you can't really compare VAs to romplers, again a very different kind of thing..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neubit wrote:
Really? But why? Do they manufacture them by hand or what is going on? No one could calculate this wrong ...

Due to the downturn in the economy Korg are having to cut costs with the shipping.

in order to save money,they now employ couriers using rikshaws......hence the long waiting times for shipment,

. Mr. Green
neubit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
neubit wrote:
Really? But why? Do they manufacture them by hand or what is going on? No one could calculate this wrong ...

Due to the downturn in the economy Korg are having to cut costs with the shipping.

in order to save money,they now employ couriers using rikshaws......hence the long waiting times for shipment,

. Mr. Green

That sounds plausible Smile

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
neubit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: ffs! Reply with quote

*bump

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ILL GREEN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple times I try to help out my brethren from Europe by buying the gear off Amazon here in PR and shipping it out to them but no matter what, you'll be paying a hefty price than how much you would get it if it was available in your area. Because not only you paying for the gear piece, you paying for it to get shipped to me and from me to you, and not to mention the tax of your country. So think about that route before looking into it. I do vice versa but only if I gots to have it.
neubit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote

*bump

Last edited by neubit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be that, at least from the UK, you could save money by buying hardware from American retailers and have them shipped over to the UK. Even including overseas P&P and all additional UK taxes that were slapped on it as soon as it enters the country, you could still save yourself 20% or so.

I remember speccing up identical Dell laptops on the USA and UK websites and the price difference between America and UK was as much as 50%. Moreso when the Americans used coupons (which are non existent in Europe). However in this case, Dell refused to ship overseas from America.

However the days of importing from America for profit are over. If you take American prices now, add P&P, customs duty and VAT there's no savings to be had anymore. It's largely reached parity, so the core prices aren't different. The only difference now is down to the taxman instead, which hasn't really changed (although VAT has increased from 17.5 to 20%). I think the core prices have mainly changed due to the devaluing of the Pound Sterling. Even against the Euro, the Pound has gradually devalued over many years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: