Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Beats top row LEDs 9-12 went out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onikam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Volca Beats top row LEDs 9-12 went out Reply with quote

Hi I just got the Volca beats about a week ago (like everyone else it seems) and I'm not sure what happened. Been playing around with it a bit and today I turned it on and noticed that 4 LEDs on steps 9-12 are not lighting up, but they are still playing/registering the beat. It's just really frusterating to not know if those beats are engaged.

anyone have this problem and if it's fixable or should I just send it back?
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrub what i said before. I was barking up the wrong tree. Sorry, can't help you.

Idea

Last edited by DrHoo on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my VBass, the led isn't out it's just really dim on play back but go to active step and it's out completely. Game changer? nope, does it affect the sound, nope. is it the only thing I see when I turn on the VBass annoying the s**t out of me? yup.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send that sucka back! probably defective.
darenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes seems defective, exchange it.
onikam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! yeah in step mode when I touch those steps nothing will light up but it will actually register it as engaged and play back the selected steps. super annoying. ok sending it back.
Sad
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a mention in the Sound on Sound review that the led's not lighting up seems to be an indicator that the batteries are running out of power.
onikam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
There was a mention in the Sound on Sound review that the led's not lighting up seems to be an indicator that the batteries are running out of power.

The batteries are pretty new and as far as I know the battery life indicator shows up on the bottom when you first turn it on and the lights line up left to right. My issue is the top step lights 9-12 during programing and playback...
darenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, if they light up when playing then might just be battery gauge as robosardine says.
mr-g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: same issue here leds 9-12 are out Reply with quote

I just wanted to confirm that i have the same problem with my volca beats.

leds 9-12 on the keyboard keys themselves are out but the sounds and functions are still working correctly.

and yes the battery charge indicator is on the other leds below the keyboard.

seems a faulty batch... mines going back for repair as its out of warranty.

i will admit that i will be constantly crying until it returns, i love that little drum machine. Crying or Very sad
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone having issues actually tried replacing the batteries that came with the unit with a different pair (brand new) or using a power adapter? Also, did you make sure you chose the proper "Battery type selection" in the Global settings? My Monotribe went completely bonkers when the battery was dying, doing weird things that weren't even described in the manual to indicate the batteries were low. Rather than assume it was "faulty," I replaced the batteries, selected the appropriate battery, and it returned to normal.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
MojoHarris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the somewhat risky route and opened it up at the assembly factory where I work. There was a diode a little loose on those same LEDs when they went out for me. If you aren't familiar with soldering, or don't have access to a particularly fine tip, I wouldn't suggest it, although I had mine working perfectly again in under 10 minutes.
mr-g

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: led fault Reply with quote

Just to clear up any confusion.

This led problem is not linked in any way to dying batteries.

its a manufacturing fault by korg, I spoke to the distributor in the uk and they told me that they've had many returns with the same problem....

leds 9-12 are out.

I advise anyone with the same issue to contact their distributor for return to Korg.
youknowur69

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iif only the leds don't work, its a transistor marked as 14, i have had to fix the same thing, bad construction!!! move the transistor of the mute button to the steps buttons, or buy a smd transistor, it's really easy!!! sorry for my english!!!
thomasg19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys
I have the same problem but I bought mine from ebay... no warranty since no receipt.
Anyway, I opened it but couldn't fine anything loose and my knowledge in electronic being limited, couldn't find the problem.
Since it's seems to be a generic problem, could someone tell me what to fix or replace? Ideally with picture if that not too much trouble...
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: